Where To Buy Hop Rhizomes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill0x said:
I would like to buy some as well and have plenty of room to share if any body can help
I'm going to dig up my Cascade rhizome and get rid of it. I don't have good soil, so the crops have only been around 200g per year. It is about 6 or 7 years old and hasn't been watered for the last couple of years, but keeps sending up buds and bines. If you are interested, after I dig it up I will send you a photo and keep it moist. It's a a big mother but obviously can be pruned. Cost $0, but if you get a good yield would appreciate some flowers.

Bob

If any Melbourne based brewers are digging some up this year id be keen to buy some, might look good growing up the side of the garden shed.

Birkdale Bob said:
I'm going to dig up my Cascade rhizome and get rid of it. I don't have good soil, so the crops have only been around 200g per year. It is about 6 or 7 years old and hasn't been watered for the last couple of years, but keeps sending up buds and bines. If you are interested, after I dig it up I will send you a photo and keep it moist. It's a a big mother but obviously can be pruned. Cost $0, but if you get a good yield would appreciate some flowers.

Bob
PM sent if still available!

Cheers

Diggers are good, and if u get a dodgy one, they"ll replace it, and they also give u advice for free if something decides to eat or attack your plants.

Cheers Bizenya, Ordered 3 see how they go down Adelaide way.

No worries!

Yeah I grabbed two. Was pretty happy to find em as need to keep the ball rolling. I order last Tuesday so might arrive this week. I will attempt to post a picture of them when they turn up!

I too hope that the Adelaide way will be fine for em. Worth a try for sure

Quick update

Diggers.com plants arrived- seem pretty good see attached

Casacde hops.jpg

How did they send them can I ask? Thinking of having a crack and just interested to know how they ship them, what kind of state they arrived in (e.g. in a pot, in an envelope?) I've got no clue - never ordered plants online before and I generally kill herbs pretty quickly when i try.

Do they give instructions on planting them?

Hi Pat

They were sent Wednesday, and are sent via Aust. Post. They arrive in a large cardboard pack, and are taped into place. The tops of the Maxi-tubes are covered in tape to stop soil falling out.

These tubes are taped into place within the cardboard pack, and have shredded paper around the plant. whole pack is sealed with tape.

They come in good nick, unfortunately they were sent on a hot day in SA and Vic so a little drier than normal but no real issue. Just pot them up and water them and they will be fine

The photo attached is of two other plant (Spanish Liquorice) which I haven't potted up yet

I have had a number of plants from diggers- always been fine.

Whoops

with attachment this time

you can see the tape across the top of the pot holding in soil etc.

Spanish licorice.jpg

Well ordered 2 cascades from diggers today will see how it all goes ... Really would love a citra if anyone can help

Robrock said:
Well ordered 2 cascades from diggers today will see how it all goes ... Really would love a citra if anyone can help
Citra is a proprietary cultivar
You can't buy it

Anyone ordered from diggers ? I ordered on the 24th of March just wonder when I might see them .. If you've ordered about how long did it take to receive ? Cheers Rob

Not sure what to think my hops plant turned up from diggers after near a month and they turn up dead foliage and dry soil .. Anyone had this happen. Not what I expected and I'm disappointed

break them out of the soil and inspect, if the rhizome is withered *and dry* theyre fucked, if you can see little button nodes that still contain moisture you might be OK.

Either way, Id be complaining.

*ed*

ed ed.. the one on the right looks like it still contains moisture, the one on the left cant tell

Latest posts

Back