Where To Buy Hop Rhizomes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siborg

Reaction score
I know its the end of season and all, but pictures of everyones freshly harvested hops as inspired me to grow some for the next season.

Does anyone know where I can get some hop rhizomes? I don't really care what variety, although I'd like to start with an aussie one such as pride of ringwood.

Cheers

Coles or Woolies :p

You'll have to wait a few months yet. Generally there are some very generious brewers here that will share the love for the cost of a post bag.

Chap Chap

Coles or Woolies :p

You'll have to wait a few months yet. Generally there are some very generious brewers here that will share the love for the cost of a post bag.

Chap Chap

Mad... Would be awesome to just be able to go and pick some fresh hops and chuck em in a brew.

There's often some for sale on ebay at the right time of the year. Some good sellers, some dodgy sellers. Go for one that people here have had good experiences with (the name hopswest rings a bell).

Also welcome to some of mine if and when I work out how to dig them up without destroying my own.

Yep, give it a few months.

Sure there will be some willing participants in the 'love giving' game.... B)

Cheers

I will be selling my Pride of Ringwood and Tettnang rhizomes. I want to only have one variety growing for various reasons. I would prefer to sell to Brisbane based brewers though and would prefer to include the wine barrel style pots they're currently in as well.

I will sell it all at cost price which is actually a decent deal for the buyer as they are second year where as when I bought them they were first year quite small rhizomes.

I know its the end of season and all, but pictures of everyones freshly harvested hops as inspired me to grow some for the next season.

Does anyone know where I can get some hop rhizomes? I don't really care what variety, although I'd like to start with an aussie one such as pride of ringwood.

Cheers

Try a AHB member called Boston

BYB

what are they worth, roughly?

Think I got three different rhizomes for $50 or something like that (first year). First year ones are small root cuttings that will spend the first year growing at the root level more than anything, and only giving you a decent amount of actual hops if you're lucky. Don't anticipate any crop in the first year so that if you do get some it's a bonus and if you don't get some you're not disappointed.

Lots of factors change the outcome of course.

ive still got 2-3 mt hoods left in pots that given a few more weeks will be trimmed up and ready 2 be posted about mid year. Ill also be trimming the other 3 i have about the same time

i am thinking of growing some cascade next season.. could anyone hazard a guess as to what it would cost for a cascade rhizome? i am guessing i could purchase them off evilbay at seasons start.

i am thinking of growing some cascade next season.. could anyone hazard a guess as to what it would cost for a cascade rhizome? i am guessing i could purchase them off evilbay at seasons start.

I bought 4 for $48 from Hopswest last year. But as he only sells them seasonally, the price might change from year to year. I'd keep an eye on Hopwest on ebay.

hmm seems to be a very old post but - my wife is keen to grow me some hops
I am going to give all above suggestions a go but if there is anyone else Brisbane ish wanting to get rid of some im here

Yes please have space and eager to grow some please let me know when they are available and will happily make purchase

dunno about the top end, but everywhere else with varying degrees of success. Plenty in Qld grow and everywhere south of that for sure.

I would like to buy some as well and have plenty of room to share if any body can help

Latest posts

Back