Where To Buy Hazelnut Extract

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpadden

Reaction score
Hi all, I am brewing Jamil's choc hazelnut porter on the weekend, and need to source some hazelnut extract. Has anyone brewed something similar before, and where did you pick up the extract?

Thanks, Paddo

What about Here!

Alternatively, you could go to your local coffee shop and see if they sell hazelnut flavouring for your coffee.

What about Here!
Alternatively, you could go to your local coffee shop and see if they sell hazelnut flavouring for your coffee.

Looks good. I made a beer with hazelnut extract recently, i got myself a bottle of the Liquor Essences used to make franjelico. Used 25ml~ or 1/2 a bottle. into a keg. Turned out purrrrrrfect :p BConnery did one with the stuff Ross sells. Unsure how his tasted but i had the same response. Was a little OTT/fake to start with, given a fortnight she started to taste really good.

I dont know if it was just the beer finning itself out or actually some serious aging going on. either way its now an enjoyable beer. BribieG can tell you when he recieves his bottle ;)

Any questions, dont hesitiate.

You really need to ask Doc about his Secret Squirrel Choc Hazelnut Porter.... Really.

Looks good. I made a beer with hazelnut extract recently, i got myself a bottle of the Liquor Essences used to make franjelico. Used 25ml~ or 1/2 a bottle. into a keg. Turned out purrrrrrfect :p BConnery did one with the stuff Ross sells. Unsure how his tasted but i had the same response. Was a little OTT/fake to start with, given a fortnight she started to taste really good.

I dont know if it was just the beer finning itself out or actually some serious aging going on. either way its now an enjoyable beer. BribieG can tell you when he recieves his bottle ;)

Any questions, dont hesitiate.
good feedback fourstar. got a bottle from CB with my last purchase and looking forward to using it. half a bottle for a keg sounds like a good starting point. what was your base beer if i may ask? i have done some english bitters, but would probably look for more of a brown ale type beer since i wouldnt want much of a hop focus.
joe

good feedback fourstar. got a bottle from CB with my last purchase and looking forward to using it. half a bottle for a keg sounds like a good starting point. what was your base beer if i may ask? i have done some english bitters, but would probably look for more of a brown ale type beer since i wouldnt want much of a hop focus.
joe

American/Enlgish brown ale malt bill. I dont have the recipe on hand, (it might be in the what are you brewing thread). From memory, Maris Otter, Munich, Carafa Special II, MediumCrystal, Brown malt and Dark crystal in that % of grist order. A low hopped malt/hazelnut focused beer. ;)

Infact after a litte searching, here it is.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...&pid=499896

Cheers!

I did a brown ale base as well.
I used the whole bottle and the essence flavour was very strong for a few weeks but it blended in to be lovely now, strong hazelnut aroma still...
You could probably go a half bottle and still have plenty of flavour but I'm not a half measure kind of guy :)

Here's my recipe.
I'd use different hops another time but I had to use up these...

Recipe: Hazelnut brown
Brewer: Mooshells
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Brown Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 25.00 L
Boil Size: 34.00 L
Estimated OG: 1.058 SG
Estimated FG: 1.012 FG