Where to buy a Saison in Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlyf

Reaction score
I've had a bit of a look around the last few weeks for a Saison beer but man they are hard to come buy. Has anyone found a place that sells them in the Greater Brisbane area?

"Craft wine store" at Redhill on musgrave road has a great selection of craft beers. Some good saisons included.

Brew one! Your own design.

I have spent $8 a small bottle or so on special imported stuff, tasted, and tipped it down the sink.
Transport is a killer of good stuff I think.

Wine emporium, Phil at bowens hills celebrations, or archive generally have a few stock. If you're lucky they might have some Dupont in! I'd go for wine emporium or phils first though as archive takeaway are still drink-in prices

Keeping in mind this will be my first every Saison....Which one should i buy?

xRj4H2z.jpg

^ out of the above, the la sirene fleur folie is a good example. Their wild saison is also great but it contains wild yeast so is a bit funky, worth getting if you're feeling adventurous (it's a personal favourite). Also be warned that the la sirene beers are generally very yeasty, so pour carefully!

the australian brewery "saison d'heretique" (it's in a can) is good too, they use both the french & belgian saison yeast strains and a little more hops than others.

if whichever shop you go to has Saison DuPont, get it as it's the benchmark.
SaisonDupont750ml.jpg

Liam_snorkel said:
^ out of the above, the la sirene fleur folie is a good example. Their wild saison is also great but it contains wild yeast so is a bit funky, worth getting if you're feeling adventurous (it's a personal favourite). Also be warned that the la sirene beers are generally very yeasty, so pour carefully!

the australian brewery "saison d'heretique" (it's in a can) is good too, they use both the french & belgian saison yeast strains and a little more hops than others.

if whichever shop you go to has Saison DuPont, get it as it's the benchmark.
SaisonDupont750ml.jpg
I have heard of this. Who stocks it do you know?

Archive bottleshop in West End has a wide selection of beer.

You could also take a look at Grand Central Cellars on Ann St in the CBD - I know they had Dupont last I was in there.

Hawthorne Super Cellars and Greenslopes Super Cellars have pretty good selections as well if you're on the south side.

Phil had a dupont when I was there yesterday.
Malt traders in the city also stock it.

schtev said:
You could also take a look at Grand Central Cellars on Ann St in the CBD - I know they had Dupont last I was in there.
I was in at Grand Cellars in the CBD on Saturday morning and they did indeed have the Dupont in stock as well as the La Sirene. It's a good little shop if you are restricted to public transport as I am as it's right beneath Central Station...

The bottleo attached to the Stafford Tavern carries the Red Hill Bloody Plums Saison.

Craft at red hill have a really good selection of saisons. I have tried many commercial saisons and I rate the la siren super saison my favourite and probably their regular saison as second with Dupont coming in third.

La Sirene is gangsta
Dupont is a great beer, but tbh I find it pretty boring compared to the more funky saisons out there.

if you can find this I highly recommend it...

Edge_Brewing_Stillwater_Angel_of_Zest_Saison_m.png

EDGE Brewing project/Stillwater Artisanal colab - Angel of Zest

really moorish bready and yeasty with a lime zing at the end...

EDIT: just realised how OT this is... sorry, I have no idea where to buy saison in QLD haha

Liam_snorkel said:

For those who can't usually get the Australian Brewery Saison d'heretique at your local Dan's you might be able to get it now as part of their christmas pack.

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_401480/australian-brewery-christmas-beer-gift-pack
401480_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569855122242.png

Lowlyf said:
Keeping in mind this will be my first every Saison....Which one should i buy?

xRj4H2z.jpg
I would start with the original & arguably the benchmark, Saison Du Pont. It is superb.

Then try the La Sirene offerings.. all very good beers

Back