Where to buy 23 litre kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago which came from them and was 25L. I've also seen them in stock at the one near me.
Give them a call. It might just be something that doesn't get advertised.

I don't believe there is a 23 L keg commonly available.

You're looking at 19 L "corny" being the staple in home brew. There's also 15, 25 corny variants; 30 and 50 far more common 'commercial style' (true beer kegs, not syrup canisters like cornys).

I got my one from Clever Brewing. Will they not be getting any more? They're the only place I could find one.

Thanks guys, I am on the list to get an alert when clever brewing gets them back in stock. I'd be happy with a 25l corny if I can find one for a reasonable cost. I'm keen to try fermenting in them but still want to end up with a full 19l corny after transferring. If I can fit 2 of them in the fermentation fridge, even better !

Thanks guys, I am on the list to get an alert when clever brewing gets them back in stock. I'd be happy with a 25l corny if I can find one for a reasonable cost. I'm keen to try fermenting in them but still want to end up with a full 19l corny after transferring. If I can fit 2 of them in the fermentation fridge, even better !

I bought 2 of these before I realised that they aren't actually 19L, they are a fair bit taller than a standard cornie and don't fit in my fridge. Pretty sure they are 21L.

https://www.homebrewproducts.com.au/collections/kegging/products/s-s-beer-keg-12-litres

I'm using them as fermenters now. I haven't racked a batch to a serving keg yet. Will do they first batch on the weekend, a pacific ale style.

The samples I have taken with a brumby tap have been crystal clear. Hopefully I can fill a keg and leave the yeast cake at the bottom.

They are no where near the same quality as a corny.

Thanks for those links Danscraftbeer. I have seen your 50l one but I think I missed this 26l thread. They are a step up in cost, but the extra heads pace would give a lot of flexibility. If I could fit two of them into the fermentation fridge I would be set.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back