Where did you get your control panel box from?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MartinOC said:
QldKev gave it a thumbs-up (I'll defer to greater knowledge...), but a first-flush looks kinda expensive Screwy, or am I missing something important?

Screwtop said:
It was a link suggested to me by Kev, so you've got that right. Check out Ideal/Haymans price, $265 here! Comes with mounting hardware backing plate etc, pro model.

Screwy

It's just a budget box vs a good quality one. If I was starting from scratch, and considering the price difference vs the total build cost and this is the part you see all the time, I would seriously have looked at upgrading.

MartinOC said:
Are you talking about the Sandleford metal 1st-aid boxes?:

http://www.bunnings.com.au/sandleford-310-x-360-x-100mm-first-aid-box_p6100189

I notice they're 100mm deep. Do you have PID's (like the Auber units) mounted OK? The spec's on them say they're 100mm deep, so I'm wondering if there's enough clearance when mounted?

If these are the ones, can you remove the internal shelf?
My Auberins pid didn't quite fit and I had to use an o ring slipped over the pid before sliding it into the cutout so it held it slightly forward and therefore cleared the rear of the box..just.

Sorry QldKev I couldn't tell you how much postage would be as I bought mine as a kit from the electric brewery website mate.

I also had it shipped to a US address, just checked on Amazon and they won't ship the box to Aus.

I ended up getting a box from Peekn Services, they have an ebay shop but you can also contact them direct and pay via paypal anyway (much cheaper than ebay). Just thought I would give everyone a heads up.

Hi... have quite a few spare parts if ur interested.. if I was to do it again I would have gone for a bigger box to keep everything clean and less squished up.. and I do recommend talking to an electrician before starting.. I learnt a few things... id do it different if I did it again...

What size did you go with Grainer, and what would you recommend?

MattyFin said:
I ended up getting a box from Peekn Services, they have an ebay shop but you can also contact them direct and pay via paypal anyway (much cheaper than ebay). Just thought I would give everyone a heads up.
+1. Got mine the same way,polyester box.

Camo6 said:
What size did you go with Grainer, and what would you recommend?
I got mine from Auber instruments cause it was cheaper to import it.. they dont sell the same ones anymore but it is 290x390x140... I would have gone the same height.. a little deeper by about 10-20mm and wider by about 30-40mm.. then all the components would fit better and more room for everything... dont get me wrong.. my control box is good. I just changed my mind of what I wanted too late..LOL.. and Id buy al the components from my electrician...US components have different wiring needs, tend to be clunkier and less safe

My dilemma now is how work out how to use these bloody PIDs !!! got the small ones working as temperature probes,but stuffed if I can work out the larger standard ones.....cant even figure out how to get Degrees Celsius.. or if I have how to adjust it to real temp...

Do they come with Engrish instuctions?

Latest posts

Back