Where Can I Get A Cheap Bottle For My Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patvirt

Reaction score
Hi doing my 3rd beer with my housemate.
We've built a bar, got some kegs and line but need the gas bottle regulator and coupler.
We know we can get everything from the brew shop but does anyone know where we can get stuff cheaper?

Only place I have found at the moment is ebay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pat.

not sure, but just thought i'd add that you do pay for what you get with brewing stuff and one area i'd personally not cut corners with is stuff which could potentially be dangerous if it fails.

I know you probably do get what you paid for and understand that if your doing swap and go that it is safer but I was just wondering if there was somewhere cheap I could get a gas tank. I know some people have used fire extinguishers.

I know you probably do get what you paid for and understand that if your doing swap and go that it is safer but I was just wondering if there was somewhere cheap I could get a gas tank. I know some people have used fire extinguishers.
I'm in the same boat myself.

From what I've read, a fire extinguisher, inverted for its first go, and then having its internal tube removed is the cheapest option. However, I'm struggling to find a cheap extinguisher. Bunnings and Super Cheap Auto don't stock CO2 extinguishers.

There are $60 CO2 bottles on Amazon, but the site won't allow shipping to Australian addresses, for CO2 bottles (and kegs = they are cheap there too).

$164.95 + $20 postage.

This is the cheapest I have found.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FULL-CARBON-DIOXIDE...=item45f6751c0c

For home brew or commercial keg setup.

Full CO2 carbon dioxide bottle/cylinder 2.64kg 4litre.
4 litre 2.64kg CO2 cylinder filled with food grade CO2 gas.
Dimensions: Height 49cm, diameter 14cm so will fit inside most kegerator type fridges.

What you need for your planted tropical aquarium, or the calcium reactor in your reef tank.
Your plants or corals will love you for this!
Screw down valve with same thread as BOC, supagas cylinders (Australian Standard AS2473 Type 30 thread).
Steel cylinder, not aluminium.
Yes, this cylinder comes pre-filled so you can use it straight away.
This cylinder conforms to the Australian standards, AS2030, so you can refill at any approved refill station, participating brew shops would also do a "swap & go".
Large carry handle for easy transportation.
Large enough so you don't have to refill too often, but still small enough to not be intrusive and fit in your cabinet, or next to your tank.
Buy this and no more rental fees from BOC, SUPAGAS, AIRLIQUID!
Comes hydrostatically tested and stamped (03/2010).
Will fit kegking, tesuco, harris, supagas, micromatic and all Australian supplied regulators.
Will carbonate and dispense 19-20 kegs of beer
For an aquarium, this will last up 2 years depending on the set bubble rate.
Please note that some regulators will require removal of the RPV. This is simply done with an allen key. Just replace the RPV when you remove the regulator.

Can't go past the big "F size" steel cylinder from Air Liquide (via my LHBS).

15m^3 of CO2, $21 per year rental, $77 per refil (I've needed one in 4 years).

Not for the space restricted, but I think it looks impressive standing next to the beer fridge. Especially with it's April 1947 inspection stamp!

Can't go past the big "F size" steel cylinder from Air Liquide (via my LHBS).

15m^3 of CO2, $21 per year rental, $77 per refil (I've needed one in 4 years).

Not for the space restricted, but I think it looks impressive standing next to the beer fridge. Especially with it's April 1947 inspection stamp!
How the hell do you get rental for $21 per year??

The best I can get is $138.00 per year.

That is why I'm looking to buy, because after a year I'm ahead.

Got mine a few weeks ago from Supagas.

$150 for a customer owned 6kg cylinder. Refills are $50.

(I got a bargain....they forgot to charge me for the gas. so I got it full for $150 all up)

You have to ask them for customer owned - they dont come out and tell you they have them unless you ask.

Got mine a few weeks ago from Supagas.

$150 for a customer owned 6kg cylinder. Refills are $50.

(I got a bargain....they forgot to charge me for the gas. so I got it full for $150 all up)

You have to ask them for customer owned - they dont come out and tell you they have them unless you ask.

It's a shame I'm in the country, but still maybe worth a drive.

http://www.supagas.com.au/retail/locations/

Thanks for the suggestions. We bought one of ebay, aussie standard.

Now just need to get a coupler (hopefully from a mate at a pub) and we're away! Can't wait to taste that keg beer!

Latest posts

Back