When Does A Beer Taste Best?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
1. When you've earnt it.
2. When you've brewed it.
3. Once the kids have gone to bed.
4. ?

I can think of a lot more but so can you guys and girls.

straight out of the fermenter, nice and green :icon_drool2: .Truthfully on a hot summers day, beer tastes it's best, nice and cold.

beer always taste best with friends and good company.

On a sparsely occupied beach.

Kicking back on a one of those low fold out chairs, good book in hand.

Waves rolling in.

Gentle breeze.

Wife laying there quietly getting a tan.

Grab an icy cold IPA from the esky - tsss - ahhhhh..

Its about 10.30am, Monday morning and the first day of your two week holiday.

Actually that was my reality earlier this year at Pippi Beach, Yamba. Man, that beer tasted good..

On a sparsely occupied beach.

Kicking back on a one of those low fold out chairs, good book in hand.

Waves rolling in.

Gentle breeze.

Wife laying there quietly getting a tan.

Grab an icy cold IPA from the esky - tsss - ahhhhh..

Its about 10.30am, Monday morning and the first day of your two week holiday.

Actually that was my reality earlier this year at Pippi Beach, Yamba. Man, that beer tasted good..
Loving the emphasis on your wife's status. ;)

Middle of summer, on a hot sunny day while floating in the pool.
(except for Lucky beer. You'd need some pretty bloody good conditions to make that taste good. And then it would take away from all the good points).

My beer tastes best when I'm drinking it.
At all other times, I don't care how it tastes.
:D :lol:

I've just hammered out a great (for me!) time on a jog... normally it's an AFD on Tuesday, but bugger it - an awesomely cold IIPA coming up. Can't wait!

When it's in a glass.
When I made a good one
When I bought a good one.
When I'm drinking it with someone who shares my enthusiasm.

like the beer right now. you have had countless glasses from the keg over the space of a few weeks but this one is just 'special'. all the flavours hit the sweet spot.

Is it terroir? how sick you feel? Is it the crappy teenage "jizz in my pants" comedy movie you're watching? Nope, its that sweet spot in the keg where the stars aligned and are pouring the best beer of that keg. Thats me right now with a beautiful hefeweizen. great clove and tart balance, doughly wheat and malty rich sweetness. Yep feeling pretty sick, dont know why im drinking but this tastes great!

nom nom nom nom nom!! :D

like the beer right now. you have had countless glasses from the keg over the space of a few weeks but this one is just 'special'. all the flavours hit the sweet spot.

Is it terroir? how sick you feel? Is it the crappy teenage "jizz in my pants" comedy movie you're watching? Nope, its that sweet spot in the keg where the stars aligned and are pouring the best beer of that keg. Thats me right now with a beautiful hefeweizen. great clove and tart balance, doughly wheat and malty rich sweetness. Yep feeling pretty sick, dont know why im drinking but this tastes great!

nom nom nom nom nom!! :D
Gold! :beer:

Code:
all the flavours hit the sweet spot.
Yep thats usually around the last pint of the keg :( you go to pour the next one and pfft, a glass of yeast
V.v.V

Back