wheat beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vape and brew

Reaction score
hey all
trying a wheat beer and threw the packaging out
just thought id check hydrometer as the fizzy bubbly has stopped

so it is saying 30 just at the start of this magic wand some of us use
not sure if its right or wrong as its my first wheat beer brew

if you have made some and have feed back fling it this was
cheers vape and brew

OK, so first up, I assume you're asking about the specific gravity and wondering if it's finished fermenting.

Wheat beer isn't really any different to any other beer in that respect.

What do you mean by "30"? Do you mean a hydrometer is reading 1.030?

If this is the case, then no, your beer is not finished fermenting. The final gravity of your nondescript wheat beer should probably be somewhere in the 1.006 - 1.018 range (yes that's a broad range but it depends on many factors which I don't want to speculate on).

A little more detail might get you a little clearer answer.

Happy brewing.

yeah mate im still very ne to brewing and learning as i go

basicaly yes wanting to know when its done useally my other brews have stopped bubblying and tested and wait another day then bottle
and im good to go from there

fermitation ( bubblying ) has stopped today so i tested it ill give it a cupple more days and re est
my last two have come out good iv had worse beer iv payed for haha

just wasn't ure of the gravity I should be aiming at

thanks for your help verysupple

Search terms:

Finished fermenting

How to use hydrometer

Lots of reading there and will answer all your questions. People on here are very happy to help all brewers but these are questions that have been done ad nauseum so have a play with the search engine first.

Also learn to take a zero reading in tap water to see if ALL readings require adjustment.

I decided to go with a refractometer, but that requires more learning, about how to zero and how to adjust readings to account for alcohol during fermentation. I use Beersmith to work it out.

Latest posts

Back