Wheat Beer Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazz20

Reaction score
G'day all, just wondering if anyone out there has a good wheat beer recipe for k&k or extract. Love the hefe's so might give it a go.
Cheers,

Hazz

G'day all, just wondering if anyone out there has a good wheat beer recipe for k&k or extract. Love the hefe's so might give it a go.
Cheers,

Hazz

Hazz, I asked similar questions recently came up empty.You could try www.hbkitreviews.com but when I try search on this site I get "fatal error" this never used to happen just started lately You may have better luck.
I gave up and bought a Brewers Selection Hefeweizen split to two fermenters and pitched two diferent yeasts :icon_cheers:
Daz

Try 1 x Coopers Brew Master Wheat Beer Can & 1x Coopers Wheat Malt Can for 23lt Brew. you could also try adding 10 to 15g Herberker or Hallertau at flame out

Try first without Hop addition then next time try with either way I have always been happy when I used to do K+K.

G'day fellas,
Sorry to have missed your previous request, DKS.
I have a great and simple recipe for an extract wheat beer, in the Bavarian style.

1 kg (Muntons or other) DME
1.5 kg Wheat DME (Muntons or other)
25g of 4% alpha Saaz pellets.

Boil 6 or 7 litres of water and add the DME and the hops.
Boil for 60 min, adding the remaining Wheat DME (off the heat) in the last 10 minutes.

You can optionally add Irish Moss (or Whirfloc) in the last 10 minutes as well.

Add a lid and place the kettle/ boiler in a sink of cold water. Change the water every 10 minutes. Should be cool enough by the end of 30 or 40 minutes.

Add to sanitised fermentor and top up to 22 litres with tap water. When cool enough, pitch W3068 culture (about 600ml - 1 litre).
O.G. - 1.042
F.G. - 1.007
Alc - 4.5%
Bitterness - 13.6 IBUs
Colour - about 10 EBC

The flavours are very close to the expected Weizen flavours, but some barley sugar flavour will be present (and pleasant) when young. Can be consumed as soon as carbonated.

Cheers
Les

Thanks Les Ill save that one for now having put down some hefeweizen. :icon_cheers:
Daz

Thanks all for your help! Will start experimenting.

Hazz

muntons wheat beer, 1/2kg dextrose, 1/2kg dried wheat malt, 15g corriander seeds and 2 table spoons orange peel, 12g tettnenger hops, bring all to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.........(didn't add the muntons kit to the boil, and used the muntons yeast)
Made a good beer...............23 litres

Hazz, I asked similar questions recently came up empty.You could try www.hbkitreviews.com but when I try search on this site I get "fatal error" this never used to happen just started lately You may have better luck.
I gave up and bought a Brewers Selection Hefeweizen split to two fermenters and pitched two diferent yeasts :icon_cheers:
Daz

+1

The Brewers Selection Hefeweizen is great, and you can start drinking within the week as soon as the carbonation is done....

Not my recipe but bloody nice :icon_drool2: , I keep getting in trouble with SWMBO because she doesn't drink wheaties, and I keep makin this one :icon_cheers: . Hang on, i'm onto something here

INGREDIENTS
1. 1 can of Blackrock Whispering wheat
2. 1.5kg (can) of liquid wheat malt
3. 250g dry wheat malt
3. 30g coriander seeds cracked (boil)
4. 20g dried bitter orange rind (boil)
5. 500g torrefied wheat steeped in 4 litres 70 deg water for 30 mins
6. 3944 Belgian Witbier Yeast (Wyeast) or WLP400 (White Labs Belgian Wit)
7. 14g Fuggles hops @ 10 min
8. 14g East Kent Goldings hops @ 20 min
9. 2g Cumin seed (boil)

Best consumed within 1 month, I start crackin' them open in 10 days so long as it's carbed up

Not my recipe but bloody nice :icon_drool2: , I keep getting in trouble with SWMBO because she doesn't drink wheaties, and I keep makin this one :icon_cheers: . Hang on, i'm onto something here

9. 2g Cumin seed (boil)

Best consumed within 1 month, I start crackin' them open in 10 days so long as it's carbed up

what does Cumin seed add to the beer?, I might have to try this. Always looking for new spices to add.

Best consumed within 1 month!? You're keen!
Factor in that they won't be fully carbed until 2 weeks and assuming its a standard 23 litre batch...that would require drinking 12.5L a week, almost 2L at day...good effort!

what does Cumin seed add to the beer?, I might have to try this. Always looking for new spices to add.

It adds a slightly hot spicey flavour and aroma, but only just noticable, I wouldn't use more than 2 grams because it can be quite overpowering

Best consumed within 1 month!? You're keen!
Factor in that they won't be fully carbed until 2 weeks and assuming its a standard 23 litre batch...that would require drinking 12.5L a week, almost 2L at day...good effort!

Most of the time i make this brew it is carbed up within 10-12 days. Usually make it to 21 litres, and I have no prob with downing 2 litres a day :chug: , so yes, I am keen, especially when it comes to this brew :D . After about a month the spice flavours tend to leave the party and you're left with a decent beer, not a great one

+ 1 for drinking the wheat beer within a month.

I've made 2 wheat beers, both were fantastic for the first few weeks then declined rapidly in several respects after that. They were still drinkable but nothing compared to how they had tasted earlier!

It adds a slightly hot spicey flavour and aroma, but only just noticable, I wouldn't use more than 2 grams because it can be quite overpowering

thanks I'll try that out sometime then, same with licorice root, I'm going to try this out next brew in a stout.

Wheat.JPG

Sorry

Batz :ph34r:

muntons wheat beer, 1/2kg dextrose, 1/2kg dried wheat malt, 15g corriander seeds and 2 table spoons orange peel, 12g tettnenger hops, bring all to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.........(didn't add the muntons kit to the boil, and used the muntons yeast)
Made a good beer...............23 litres

hey guys was wondering how much water you recommend to boil the ingredients in? im thinking of trying this recipe but never done it before.

2 x 1.5kg Coopers Wheat Malt Cans.
25g Any Noble Hop (boiled in 4L with 400g malt) for 50 minutes
5g Any Noble Hop for 10 minutes
Fermentis WB06 @19C
23L

Yummy!

Latest posts

Back