New member, Melbourne Victoria

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been brewing and kegging a few months now. Just after some knowledge of anyone that has had the better beer in a stubbie and know of any fresh wort kits or malt extract recipes to try and replicate it for a home brew.

Cheers all and happy brewing šŸ»šŸ»

Welcome Adz! My recollection is that better beer is your typical ~4% beer, low hops, not too malty, easy to drink. I'd guess that Pilsner , Blonde, or Kolsch could all be kits that would get you in the ballpark, and then selecting an appropriate yeast. I rarely brew with lager yeast because the time and temperature control make it harder, you could try Kolsch yeast or kviek yeast depending your temperature control situation given that it's summer. If you're keen on an extract brew I would google a recipe for 'cream ale' or 'blonde ale (not Belgian blonde)' and see what the internet suggests. Good luck!

Welcome Adz! My recollection is that better beer is your typical ~4% beer, low hops, not too malty, easy to drink. I'd guess that Pilsner , Blonde, or Kolsch could all be kits that would get you in the ballpark, and then selecting an appropriate yeast. I rarely brew with lager yeast because the time and temperature control make it harder, you could try Kolsch yeast or kviek yeast depending your temperature control situation given that it's summer. If you're keen on an extract brew I would google a recipe for 'cream ale' or 'blonde ale (not Belgian blonde)' and see what the internet suggests. Good luck!
Thanks Akx, Iā€™ll have a suss and see what comes up. Thanks again champion

Happy brewing šŸ»

Hi all,

Been brewing and kegging a few months now. Just after some knowledge of anyone that has had the better beer in a stubbie and know of any fresh wort kits or malt extract recipes to try and replicate it for a home brew.

Cheers all and happy brewing šŸ»šŸ»
Which better beer variant are you looking to emulate? Tipping you aren't All grain brewing based on your post, do you have temperature control or pressure fermentation options?

Latest posts

Back