Whats Your Most Useful Brewing Gadget?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brewing rig can cook a Lamb Roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and sweet potato while making a batch of Belgian Dubbel.

It's a pretty useful gadget. Even has a timer that tells me with a bell when I have to add the next load of hops and a ducted fan to get rid of the steam.

4 Channel simultaneous heating and cooling controller (home made).
Controls fridge, fermenting freezer, mash temp with preset heat start time, and has a heating output to dry malt and hops.
works a treat, next step is to add some step mash features to the mash part.

Its probably a bit more than a gadget though :)

My brewing rig can cook a Lamb Roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and sweet potato while making a batch of Belgian Dubbel.

It's a pretty useful gadget. Even has a timer that tells me with a bell when I have to add the next load of hops and a ducted fan to get rid of the steam.

So can my mash tun + vacuum sealer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

my angle grinder with a 1mm stainless steel cutting disc :lol:

Refractometer for hitting numbers on brew day and monitoring fermentation

STC1000 for precise control of fermentation

How did you connect this to your fridge?
Do you need a sparky to do it if it needs its own mains power?

Cheers,
BlackRat.

How did you connect this to your fridge?
Do you need a sparky to do it if it needs its own mains power?

Cheers,
BlackRat.

No the fridge just plugs into the stc1000. Search for it on here and there is a great thread on how to wire up the stc1000 with plugs all fitted into a neat jiffy box or similar. It's not that hard.

You right I didnt..Oh well.

Search for it on here

^ choked and am now cleaning my screen.... Truman, mate, Ya gotta lay off the glue :lol:

sorry man... youve done good by me but really... pot.. kettle.. something something...

and for the topic, Refractometer, only used it once thus far but damn I love it, really lets you know whats going on.

Yob

My cider stirrer

Apart from that, my truck has hailed home plenty of awesome brew gear from garage sales :)

^ choked and am now cleaning my screen.... Truman, mate, Ya gotta lay off the glue :lol:

sorry man... youve done good by me but really... pot.. kettle.. something something...

and for the topic, Refractometer, only used it once thus far but damn I love it, really lets you know whats going on.

Yob

+1.

Tru, you're a great bloke, but remember where you were at less than a year ago. Pot, kettle, brewing apparatus.

That's the idea of us intermediates - remember what we were, acknowledge how much we have to learn, help those who are where we were once at, keep getting better at our brewing.

Goomba

+1.

Tru, you're a great bloke, but remember where you were at less than a year ago. Pot, kettle, brewing apparatus.

That's the idea of us intermediates - remember what we were, acknowledge how much we have to learn, help those who are where we were once at, keep getting better at our brewing.

Goomba
Hang on a minute fellas. I didn't rant at the guy telling him not to be lazy and to search and all that like I've copped before on here. I told him how the STC works and also advised him to search for the thread where he would find lots of info. And if I wasn't on my iPhone would have posted the link too.
So I think your both being a little harsh. Don't you think?

And Yob as for me not searching for this thread first I wanted to start a new thread about gadgets because I knew if there was one I haven't seen it since being on this forum and It doesn't hurt to start a new one. Fair enough if it was a common question about brewing that had been asked before.
So you both owe me a beer. :)

:icon_offtopic:

Starting new threads; I see it like this:

Truman's reason, and valid-ish point + think you, as it seems, you are genuinely a very nice person, is that versions/technology/testing/experiences change and thus a dormant thread may hold some posts that are no longer relevant due to further experience.... and so on... Great point.

BUT!

If you do a search on a topic and find a relative thread to your search topic, then wouldn't it be better to read through that one thread and find the current day experiences at the end of it? Rather than having to read 18+ threads with 6 or so posts in them? and if you went with the original threads opinion then it may now be out of date?

Sorry but I am pretty sure building a great resource of information here is about building walls, not a pile of rocks!

2c.

BTW: Porkspinning is a great way to let people learn how to..... well, its funny!

Yo, DB, your main threads - Brewery build and keggin set up are critical to my drooling needs... but yeah, you should post for no reason more c&nt! - sorry, maybe more of a private gag.. :ph34r:

Anyways, Just to be clear, not a personal attack on truman by any means, just trying to express that building threads is as good as starting them...

But what ever... 2c and OT.

Carry on.
I see your point mate. I just thought people would rather see a new post than wade through pages and pages to find where the more relevant information begins. But I certainly agree with you that building threads is better than creating new ones and will make an effort to do that in the future.
And no offence taken, you gotta be thick skinned to get by on here. :)

I see your point mate. I just thought people would rather see a new post than wade through pages and pages to find where the more relevant information begins. But I certainly agree with you that building threads is better than creating new ones and will make an effort to do that in the future.
And no offence taken, you gotta be thick skinned to get by on here. :)

Specific to situation issues, sure, but general everyday questions, I am sure wading through pages will help people find answers and more importantly, make them think about it in a 'brewers' sense.... Again, 2c, and no disrespect meant.

SO, lets get back OT then..

And my new most useful gadget in AHB is CHEAP 50L pots! Almost disposable at that price!

Cheers!

Specific to situation issues, sure, but general everyday questions, I am sure wading through pages will help people find answers and more importantly, make them think about it in a 'brewers' sense.... Again, 2c, and no disrespect meant.

SO, lets get back OT then..

And my new most useful gadget in AHB is CHEAP 50L pots! Almost disposable at that price!

Cheers!

My most useful brewing gadget is the status bar on the bottom of the screen on AHB!

My BCS box, plug and play temperature control and I can step mash indoors on the phone.

Back