Whats Your House Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My house beer has broken up roof tiles, structural pine off cuts, and plasterboard thrown in at 10 mins to go :icon_cheers:

But seriously, mine would have to be bitter or mild.

I've brewed a few things twice or 3 times, but as yet I don't have a house beer. I'm still having fun trying different styles.
Once I settle down on something it'll probably be an english style.

My house beer is a pale beer, usually consisting of either 90/10 base malt/carapils or base malt/munich 1.
NZ hops 15ibus at 30 mins, and another 15ibus at 15 mins. US05 or Nottingham.

Could drink it all day long. Not a complicated beer, very balanced and sessionable, but with just enough from being too boring.

I keep trying to have a house beer, but I keep brewing something else come brew day!
That said I always go back to my porter or some sort of pale ale

Landlord, an APA of some sort and I alwyas have to have an IPA on tap, for when I get a craving for a bitter, hoppy punch in the head.

screwtops red ale is my house beer, great flavour,easy beer to make with no complications.
fergi

Eventually will have an Alt on tap always (for the better half). Otherwise its variety all the way here too.

I'd need 10+ taps to be able to dedicate one to a 'house beer'.

Reasonable number of AG brews up the sleeve now. I also am a chronic experimenter, the only 'unchanged' recipe I've done is Tony's LCBA done as-is 3 times...second place is Argon's LFPA but I have messed with the hops and grist in that a bit so while I have done the recipe twice, I've used either the grist or the hops or a bit of both to experiment with other hop and grain combos. :icon_cheers:

Mine is the TTLL clone thats get so much airplay on here...

97% MO
3% Cararoma
35IBU's of Fuggles, EKG and Styrians.
1469 (have used other English yeasts but cant beat the Yorkie!)

Euro Lager. German Pils with ~5% crystal of some sort (to 1.045) and noble hops (usually Hallertau) to 25 IBUs.

Brewed fast with S189 @ 14C filtered and kegged fresh - none of this waitingwaitingwaiting BS.

Usually brew too many different recipes to have one I might call a house beer. Any regulars still get tweaked when they are brewed.

Some regulars include stout (usually cream but sometimes oatmeal) robust porter, ESB, alt and apa/american amber.

I don't do AG yet, but I tend to have pilsey-amber and cascade hops.

I normally have several on rotation. APA, ESB, Munich Dunkel, English Pale Ale, IPA's English and American, sometimes a wheat. My recipes are always getting tweaked. Not often I brew the exact recipe twice. Never brewed a stout, need to brew a stout....

Dr Smurtos Landlord!or the Drs Golden Ale and this time of the year you gotta have a Bullshead Wit on tap! :icon_drool2:
I got the golden ale on tap now and she's a ripper. The Bulls head wit din't last long either mmmmmmmmm so many good recipes on here!! Now it''s a toss up to do the bright ale or nelson sav summer ale?? trying to make up my mind so I can pull a smack pack out of the fridge!!

Love my oatmeal stout, but it needs a while to age. Have a keg on the go at the moment, and a batch in bottles ageing. Need more kegs...
Love IPAs / AIPAs. Plan on having one of them on tap at all times.
Taking the middle ground between mega hops, and roasty malts, I like DSGA. Only did a couple of batches to the "proper" recipe, have done a few with slight changes to the grain bill, different hop schedule etc. Still loosley based on the original though.

yep +1 for more kegs I got 3 beers fermenting, 2 ready, 1 not far off, 1 beer in cube and 2 kegs between full and 3/4 and only have 2 kegs! I want to brew on monday as well as I know christmas will clean me out. But I will have to force carb all the kegs and I dont like that to much!

Latest posts

Back