Whats Your House Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hard to pin down one Pumpy but I try to have a pils and a wheat going in summer and an APA and a bitter in winter.

I like to have a bitter/pale style on tap all the time but it can be APA, English, Aussie or some mongrel combination.
I prefer variety and with so many options & variables you can keep tweaking a simple base and come up with something different every time.

In summer i guess mine would be classed a 'blonde ale' with an american theme.

Winter is BITTER all the way.!
I've got a base recipe that i'm pretyy happy with, little tweaks keep it fresh.

I have found my summer drop in my Australian Ale, hopped with Nugget and Cluster. This beer seems to finish faster than the other 2 kegs on tap and is a favourite with my wife as well.

My Winter beer is Bosuns Best Bitter.

Cheers
Andrew

Has to be APA all year round. Always got one on the go. Love em.
Cheers
Steve

Bitter for me, usually fairly light, below 4% abv.

I also use it as my learning beer, testing new yeasts, hops and mash schedules with it.

Has to be APA all year round. Always got one on the go. Love em.
Cheers
Steve

Yep, always at least one APA on tap.

Constantly playing around with different amounts and combinations of Cascade and Amarillo.

Brilliant flavours. :beerbang:

Scott

I rarely brew the same thing often enough to call anything a house brew. I have two Alts going at the moment, but they're my first two. So many beers, so little time!

Plenty of kegs full of Rye robust porter and I have to say the 10 min IPA with Riwaka will be on tap whenever I can get those hop's

I've done the G+G FWK Hefe a lot so far. It's not my favourite, but it's really easy to make a good hefe using 3068. That yeast is like magic.

I can see myself making a lot of smurtos landlord and ross's nelson sauvin summer ale in the future. Both are drinking extremely well. Enjoying drinking <5% beers too.

Nice way to dig up a 58 month old post! :lol:

I'm still sifting through the many varieties of hops and yeast so that I can get to a house beer one day. I must have around 50 or 60 brews under my belt now and I reckon it'll probably take me that many more to get close to a regular beer.

Bowie

I can say that I have not yet brewed a single beer twice. Am I missing something??? I like to try something different lol so why not brew it then buy it!

Nice way to dig up a 58 month old post! :lol:

Erp. Wanted to ask the question then thought someone probably already asked it. Did a search and whatdja know... :blink:

In all honesty I brewed said beers and loved them so I did them again and i'll probably do them again. I suppose that counts as house beer?

Erp. Wanted to ask the question then thought someone probably already asked it. Did a search and whatdja know... :blink:

In all honesty I brewed said beers and loved them so I did them again and i'll probably do them again. I suppose that counts as house beer?

Good on you for searching, at least you didn't post asking for advice on a Fat Yak clone recipe :lol:

For me its gotta be Little Fellas Pale Ale Clone and RobPo. both from the Database. They are just such awesome brews and I love making them both. I have made some small changes to the LFPA clone but just using some Galaxy hops late in the boil and to dry hop, thats about it.

I don't have a house beer as I've never brewed the same thing twice. I've brewed a maltier Coopers pale for my girlfriend who loves CPA, though she's starting to enjoy more varied styles since I've started force feeding her different beers.

I bottle so I am able to have plenty of variety to choose from.

Dr Smurtos Landlord!or the Drs Golden Ale and this time of the year you gotta have a Bullshead Wit on tap! :icon_drool2:

Back