What's the best addition to your brewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best addition to my brewery no doubt is my little brother. After living/working in Germany for the last 20 odd years he got a bit of a shock at the price of beer when he moved back, no problems I said, you can help me and I'll give you kegged beer.
So my brew day consists of printing out a recipe from beersmith then getting my brother to fetch the bags of grain, weigh it out, mill it, carry it out to the brew rig and put it into the mash tun. Once finished I get him to take the grain down to the chook cage and then to clean up all the gear. Being a little brother he has a natural lazy disposition that needs attention and correction at times, however, as he now has a black belt in aikido I only use the stout stick motivator occasionally and only when he is not looking.
Brew days have never been easier, and to those fortunate enough to possess a little brother I thoroughly endorse their use.

This thing.

1435464928354.jpg

Keg and fermenter cleaner. I usually soak my kegs in pbw for a day, flip it and soak for another, tip it into the sink, take the lid off and soak the top for an hour. Same deal with fermenters. Now, kegs are clean in 10 or 15 mins and i can sit and have a beer while i wait. Once keg is done, sanitize, transfer from fermenter then do the fermenter with the same batch of pbw. Job done.

Latest posts

Back