What's Santa Bringing?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tangent said:
any pics/details of the Ph meter Stu?

WTF is hogmany?
[post="99505"][/post]​

Once we work out how to use the daughter's new digital camera, pics are a definite possibility. It is a dick smith job, extendable probe, digital read out - looks pretty simple to use.

Hogmany - otherwise known as auld year's nicht, precedes ne'ersday and promotes a flurry of lum reeking felicitations.

Has been known to induce naked romping in public fountains, and waking semi clothed and shoeless in distant farm barns, surrounded by frozen fields :eek: :huh: :blink:

awrabest, stu

:)
sounds like a handy Ph meter - my Father has one but it seems to need a calibration for every use which sounds like a pain in the ass

Hogmany website mentions kissing quite a lot. Sounds like a better show than Glenelg ;)

wee stu said:
Ross said:
Well AHB has it's own Santa
[post="98538"][/post]​

Xmas eve and six three piece ss ball valves arrive on the front door, allowing me to play a belated santa to a few other Adelaide brewers (you know who you are guys ........... we aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare the minfilocs!!) :blink:

Two kegs arrived just before xmas. Trying to figure out if GMK enterprises does housecalls in 2007 :p

On the day - an electronic PH meter, chimay triple pack with glass, Grolsch 1.5L magnum, the new Proclaimers album to provide a brewing soundtrack......

....... and a custom made baseball hat that is so hyperbolic it makes Kenny seem positively modest :lol:

First the beers, then the labels, then the t shirts, now the hat - wee stu enterprises is gathering speed, all down hill and the brakes are shot, but hogmany is only six sleeps away :ph34r:

awrabest, stu
[post="99504"][/post]​

Mate where did u get the chimay tripple pack with the galss - i would like one of them.
I got the Beer Box from the kids.
My wife made me some Beer Cushions for the nook in the bar.
Got a Beer a clock - study holder and a blue tonge Ginger Beer.
Got some stuff for the bar - didyabringyagrogalong placque to put up.

also wee stu - happy to do House calls in 2006 - 2007 is a bit far out to plan at the moment.

Nothing much brew related here except some books and some cash I'm going to use on some aeration stuff. I did bet a shiny new iPod though :) I only have three of them now.

When do we get the stainless goodies stu?

GMK said:
Mate where did u get the chimay tripple pack with the galss - i would like one of them.
[post="99513"][/post]​

I didn't Kenny - Father Christmas did :p

However, I reckon he might shop at Cellarbrations on Greenhill Rd :D

Aaron said:
When do we get the stainless goodies stu?
[post="99515"][/post]​

PM or phone me Aaron, we'll try to work something out.

i got some beer a brazilain beer, a jamican beer,boditons pub ale ,and some ber from denmark had the brazilain beer ,,it needs more hops and malt flavour but very clean the jamican one want as clean had a soapy aroma too and needed more hops either that or i am just a bloody hophead

almost ANY grog shop will get the chimay packs in for you
i asked a 2 seperate stores and they both got the pack quickly, one within the hour :)

Kai said:
I'll call it a christmas present even if I did buy it myself a few days beforehand

http://www.zago.it/en/hy150.htm

No idea what it tastes like.
[post="99529"][/post]​

Bloody hell,The blurb on that beer sounds like it was written by a wine tosser.
Let us know what it really tastes like when you open it :chug:

Brau(hype hound)luver :p

tangent said:
almost ANY grog shop will get the chimay packs in for you
i asked a 2 seperate stores and they both got the pack quickly, one within the hour :)
[post="99530"][/post]​

Well - get one for me before you come up to get the Mash Tun - and i will pay u for it...

Jazman said:
i got some beer a brazilain beer, a jamican beer,boditons pub ale ,and some ber from denmark had the brazilain beer ,,it needs more hops and malt flavour but very clean the jamican one want as clean had a soapy aroma too and needed more hops either that or i am just a bloody hophead
[post="99528"][/post]​

i hear the brazilians are very clean and smooth jaz :rolleyes:

bring on the wax
big d

TidalPete said:
[ My oldest must have been tired of my borrowing his digital camera as he seems to have told Sants to send me the same model.
[post="98331"][/post]​

Sorry to reply to my own post but I must tell you that I stopped believing in Santa at the age of around eight when the bottle of beer I left out for him (Santa) vanished overnight, :eek: and the huge stocking I had left out was unexplainably filled with rocks :eek: I am still suspicious that my dear old dad was the culprit although I can't prove anything? Can't remember if he had beer breath or not in the morning? :rolleyes:

:beer:

wee stu said:
Ross said:
Well AHB has it's own Santa
[post="98538"][/post]​

....... and a custom made baseball hat that is so hyperbolic it makes Kenny seem positively modest :lol:

[post="99504"][/post]​

That I'll like to see !!! :lol:

Batz

TidalPete said:
TidalPete said:
[ My oldest must have been tired of my borrowing his digital camera as he seems to have told Sants to send me the same model.
[post="98331"][/post]​

Sorry to reply to my own post but I must tell you that I stopped believing in Santa at the age of around eight when the bottle of beer I left out for him (Santa) vanished overnight, :eek: and the huge stocking I had left out was unexplainably filled with rocks :eek: I am still suspicious that my dear old dad was the culprit although I can't prove anything? Can't remember if he had beer breath or not in the morning? :rolleyes:

:beer:
[post="99558"][/post]​

TP - that is because every time you are really naughty throughout the year - Santa takes away a present and replaces it with a rock or a potatoe..

GMK said:
TidalPete said:
TidalPete said:
[post="98331"][/post]​

Sorry to reply to my own post but I must tell you that I stopped believing in Santa at the age of around eight when the bottle of beer I left out for him (Santa) vanished overnight, and the huge stocking I had left out was unexplainably filled with rocks I am still suspicious that my dear old dad was the culprit although I can't prove anything? Can't remember if he had beer breath or not in the morning? :

[post="99558"][/post]​

TP - that is because every time you are really naughty throughout the year - Santa takes away a present and replaces it with a rock or a potatoe..
[post="99577"][/post]​

That's why I only recieved rocks and potatoes ! :angry: :(

Batz <_<

potato pale ale heated by hot rocks coming up hey batz ;) :p

big d said:
potato pale ale heated by hot rocks coming up hey batz ;) :p
[post="99595"][/post]​

Schwrzbier or SchwrzPotter :ph34r:

I scored pretty well this year & have got my counter-pressure filler ready to go. Santa left all the bits & pieces. The beers is in the keg, just grab some bottles & fire up. Bottles. Bummer. Looks like I will have to wait until later this evening to grabs some Grolsch bottles.
Oh well I can still have a beer in front of the cricket!
Cheers
Gerard

Latest posts

Back