Whats On Tap At The Platform Bar - Brissy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At $25 a bottle it's a little hard on the wallet though :(

At $25 a bottle it's a little hard on the wallet though :(
True. I did enjoy the Yellow Snow IPA the other day. My hopes of maybe getting another today were dashed though. They had The Nut Brown Rogue, and better yet, the White Rabbit replaced Big Helga on the tap list! The rest were the same as of 5PM.

Last Rogue I had was Santa's Private Reserve and the Mocha Porter.

Both very tasty.

Dropped in yesterday....

Glycol system was broken and there was no tap beer.

The board said they still had LC Special Bitter and the White Rabbit, the rest were the usual suspects.

So...... who's going for a beer this arvo? Mossyrocks? Or are you too busy drinking all your lotto winnings ;)

I'll be popping in around 4.30-5.

My arm might be twistable ... I have to share a bottle of my Wit with a lady here at work first but if the rest of the fridge is full of the usual Carlton Mid then it won't be hard to tear myself away around half four.

So...... who's going for a beer this arvo? Mossyrocks? Or are you too busy drinking all your lotto winnings ;)

I'll be popping in around 4.30-5.

Sorry Snow, not today - daughter home alone, so I'll be heading straight home (and to drink my lotto winnings).

Cheers,

mossy

just got on the train now and read this. I did stop in at the bottle shop and bought a bottle of inns and gun oak aged beer to try and a bottle of saison dupont. Which for 12.99 for 750ml is runner up to coopers bes in the value for money stakes!

Surely the lull in decent craft beers on tap at the Platform Bar is only temporary - I have faith in the team down there, perhaps there's been supply issues?

In the meantime I'll keep enjoying the S&W Draught and LC Special Bitter. The White Rabbit will be a welcome return too.

FYI, Iceworks at Paddington has White Rabbit on tap, as well as LC Pale and S&W Draught. Not a bad alternative if you're over that side of town.

I'll be popping in here on Wednesday night as I'm in Brisbane on business. Say hello to the bespectacled bloke on his own :D

stand outs today are white rabbit, little creattures special, and stone and wood. The montieths summer ale is on and is foul! Try it and make your own mind up! But it is foul.

Summer Ale is foul - considering how good the dopplebock winter ale is, I can't believe they would bother with crap like that

The montieths summer ale is on and is foul! Try it and make your own mind up! But it is foul.

:icon_offtopic:
Its a wonder they haven't tried to trademark "Summer Ale" as well as the others. May all their endeavours end in failure.

Monteith's Summer Ale - Last summer I bought a bottle at the bottlo by my local Pizza Capers to have with the pizza. Pizza was late so I cracked open the bottle as I waited. Three sips and it was dumped in the car-park. Went back and got me a James Squire Porter to wash away the taste. So I understand the foul comments here.

I could be happy at the Platform drinking White Rabbit, as I think it tastes better on tap as opposed to bottles. Stopped by Monday as I had the day off, and the place was closed with the heavy odor of paint fumes lingering about. Went next door for a Stone & Wood, and got drove outside by the same fumes trying to give me a headache. I preferred smokers to that!

The Burleigh Hefeweizen is now on tap, which is a pretty tasty drop.

sunny coast best bitter is also on. Summer ale is still on too. Oh no.

sunny coast best bitter is also on. Summer ale is still on too. Oh no.

What, is that the SCB Summer Ale or that other thing?

OK dumb question time, did the platform bar close or did it move ??

I went to the address from the whitepages and it is not there!

QldKev

Surely the lull in decent craft beers on tap at the Platform Bar is only temporary - I have faith in the team down there, perhaps there's been supply issues?

In the meantime I'll keep enjoying the S&W Draught and LC Special Bitter. The White Rabbit will be a welcome return too.

FYI, Iceworks at Paddington has White Rabbit on tap, as well as LC Pale and S&W Draught. Not a bad alternative if you're over that side of town.

Thanks for the hot tip about Iceworks! It'll be good to drink some decent beers before/after rugby games this season.

OK dumb question time, did the platform bar close or did it move ??

I went to the address from the whitepages and it is not there!

QldKev

Its at the Valley end of the Grand Central Hotel (next to the Bottle-o). Hope its finished getting a lick of paint.

Latest posts

Back