• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Whats On Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munut

Reaction score
I thought of this yesterday but others might not think it's as great an idea as I do.

Some times the major supermarket chains (Kmart, BigW, Coles, Woolies etc.) have great home brewing bargains and some times they are one offs for one particular store due to over stock or what have you.. The most common of which seem to be Kits and stock pots. But if your like me and hardly go to the supermarket and leave all the shopping up to SWMBO you miss out on these great buys :( .

So I was thinking of a thread a bit like the eBay one and possibly even airlocked where you can tell your fellow home brewers about your latest bargain including which shop and location (state and suburb).

Some members do post about their bargain hunts but I thought keeping it all together would make it easier to keep an eye on and hopefully grab a home brewing bargain as well :icon_cheers: .

Good call. To quickly add to it Coles Labrador have two cans of cascade one golden harvest I think and the other spicy ghost for about 5 bucks each. Until a few weeks ago, and for a month long, that same store had all coopers the same price ie: $10.63 ish including the international range. Must of been their mistake but I was buying three APA's a weekly shop and stocking up until they stopped it. :D

I'd do a toucan stout with the cascades on special but I have two toucans going now. Next half dozen batches will be APA's and lagers.

If it was a mistake, it was probably nationwide.... a Coles I went to (in NSW) around the same time was also that price.

I went to the shops today and found myself at BigW Riverton (WA) and they had

Tooheys Larger kits for $8.46, didn't buy any.
Tooheys Draught Kits for $8.86, brought 2 are they any good?
and they had plenty of the discontinued Coopers Bitter for $5, brought 2

They also had Brewiser for $5 something but I never heard anything about these and it looks kinda cheap so I didn't buy any.

Cherrys

not directly brew related, but coles donvale in Victoria is selling cherries at $10 per kilo (not sure if this is an across the board coles sale or just store specific). i grabbed a couple kilos for cherry stout or a cherry wheat etc. although at the rate they are being eaten by the family I may have to go buy another couple kilos

brought a canadian blond at IGA at brows plains QLD for 5 bucks, they still had more there.

casey

Red Dot armadale WA (next to harvey norman) have 18L stainless steel stock pots for $12.99.

They're pretty thin and cheap looking but a SS stockpot for 13 bucks you can't complain.

Also generic brand napisan for $5 for a big tub, I didn't get one but they must have been 2 or 3 kg at least.

In Bundaberg Big W they had Coopers kits for 9.36.
I went to Bunnings for Jerry Can type cubes and they have 20 liter Willow for 15 bucks. 10 dollars off.

Bud

Latest posts

Back