Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amarillo Pale Ale.

IMG_0060.jpg

Nice glass warra :D

Heres my Sunset American Wheat with 100g of choc wheat and 20g of Mt Hood dry hopped... its pretty different :icon_cheers:

IMG_1883.JPG

Nice glass warra :D

Heres my Sunset American Wheat with 100g of choc wheat and 20g of Mt Hood dry hopped... its pretty different :icon_cheers:

View attachment 16880

Now that looks bloody tasty Jye :icon_drool2: what's the flavour profile like?

The aroma is really interesting, I didnt expect the choc to come through but its there. The dry hopping could probably be halved but as its Mt Hood it isnt an over the top and Im expecting it to fade a little. Taste is typical of an american wheat but with a touch of roast and the finish is dry since the FG is lower than expected but this has made it a 'session' beer which is what I was after.

Well worth adding the choc wheat to mix things up a little.

Sunset Wheat
Brew Type: All Grain Date: 23/11/2007
Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer Brewer: Jye
Batch Size: 23.00 L Assistant Brewer:
Boil Volume: 27.83 L Boil Time: 60 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.0 %
Actual Efficiency: 77.2 %

Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU
2.45 kg Pale Malt, Ale (Barrett Burston) (5.9 EBC) Grain 53.8 %
2.00 kg Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC) Grain 44.0 %
0.10 kg Chocolate Wheat (Weyermann) (1200.0 EBC) Grain 2.2 %

20.00 gm Warrior [14.80%] (40 min) Hops 28.1 IBU
20.00 gm Mt. Hood [6.00%] (Dry Hop 3 days) Hops -

0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 5.0 min) Misc
5.00 gm 5.2 (Mash 90.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile Estimated Original Gravity: 1.050 SG (1.040-1.055 SG) Measured Original Gravity: 1.048 SG
Estimated Final Gravity: 1.012 SG (1.008-1.013 SG) Measured Final Gravity: 1.009 SG
Estimated Color: 27.4 EBC (5.9-11.8 EBC) Color [Color]
Bitterness: 28.1 IBU (15.0-30.0 IBU) Alpha Acid Units: 1.7 AAU
Estimated Alcohol by Volume: 4.9 % (4.0-5.5 %) Actual Alcohol by Volume: 5.1 %

I've been looking for an excuse to use the chocolate wheat :)
You've talked me into it - Sunset American Wheat is on the list.

PICT0062_1.JPG

Simple Stout - thanks to Ducati Stu (topical as my neighbor has just brought a 888)

I must get around to doing a POR Ale - as the POR in this stout is delicious - fresh.

Cheers

RM

123_2385.JPG

I call this one Heatsikher. A coconut curry brown. :D

A little treat to myself, almost as good as mine.

These are nice Bindi, I have have a few and found them nice. I had the Trapist and Dubbel.

Steve

A little treat to myself, almost as good as mine. :lol: :lol:

Yeah they are not too bad. I haven't tried the big bottles yet. They have a Quadruple in the 500ml crokery bottles, might have to try one. Where did you get the glass from Bindi?
eric :icon_cheers:

my latest rye, northern brewer with tettnang, K-97 at 17*C, this beer always produces the most amazing head, not sure why this yeast doesn't get the rating it deserves (imho) ;) , a combination of the rye and this being the 2nd glass out of the keg makes for a turbid beer but it always clears by the last glass :D

rye.jpg

cheers
yard

HEre is my Aussie Ale

The Bulls Head Pale ale.

Its a fantastic beer on a warm day served in a chilled glass. It had a full enough flavour and medium body which makes it very enjoyable cold when youve been working around the house all day.

Was cleaning the pool so its ready for a dip tomorrow when i took this pic

cheers

Bulls_Head_Pale_Ale__549_x_824_.jpg

Hey Mods,

Why cant we access the old " Whats in the glass " thread?

Jye asked this question yonks ago and didn't get a reply. There were some good recipe in that thread

Rook

A wheat I brewed about 3 weeks ago.
Recipe is yardie's and used Ross' wheat yeast.
Can't really detect any banana or bubblegum, rather it has a spice and clove like character. More complex and deeper flavoured than the first wheat I brewed. Very tasty and refreshing.

IMG_0114_1.jpg

My Weissbier that I tapped on xmas day and unfortunately down to my last litre (or there abouts) :(

weissbier.JPG

I really enjoyed this beer.

my NSPA (not-so pale ale) out of my new kegging setup in my new nucleated schooners....
beer1.jpg

Nice one JJ.

Whats happened to the old thread? It appears to be locked and Im unable to open it to checkout the sweet, sweet beer :(

Apologies Jye,

Seems I had a "slip" of the mouse. :(

cheers
johnno

How was the Quadrupal ?
I have a bottle sitting in the fridge. :p

Doc

Doc,

Your going to love it, i tried this on Tuesday and it helped me go to sleep :p

Rook

It's taken me 18 months or more to perfect the best pilsner I have ever tasted !!

Pilsner_002.jpg

Beautifully clean with just the correct bitterness and flavour.
It started out as a Pilsner Urquell clone,still quite similar.

Batz :beer:

Back