Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A best malt munich decocted SMaSH! image.jpg

My beire de garde. 3 months in the bottle now. It's less malty and more dry now, which is good, and has a bit more earthy/must to it. It's much smoother too. For 9% it's quite drinkable. Will try again in a few months but happy with how it's going.

Just arrived home after five weeks of working away, Far Kin Lager is hitting the spot tonight.

1.JPG

Belgian Dark Strong. It looks cloudy because of the condensation, but it's actually clear.

Brewed way back in 2010, and drinking as good as ever.

IMG_2396.JPG

Enjoying an all extract blonde ale fermented with dry yeast right now. It's the only extract beer and one of only a few beers made with dry yeast I've done since going AG and it's one of my best beers for the year. Not sure what that says about my AG brewing :p or maybe there's nothing wrong with extracts and dry yeast (as I've been saying for ages) :D .

tricache said:
Sure it's beer :lol: looks like the water out of the tap when I lived in Brisbane :lol:
haha, carbonated brissy water!

AJ80 said:
Golden ale. Clear enough to watch the cricket through...
Crystal!

Helles, crystal clear and very malty, just a bit boring. And a dark mild, delicious.

1387002999245.jpg

1387003086976.jpg

My case swap ESB. BB ale malt, medium and dark crystals, a whack of biscuit and 1469. FWH with Cascade then a heap of late Styrians. Pretty happy with this one.

1014200_10202819659876356_506333487_n.jpg

Saison bottled with orval dregs. Can't believe how much this adds to beers, even at a few weeks old. This one is a month old and my last bottle. Spewing, as it's quite nice. Fruity from the original beer with a nice amount of funk. Luckily I've been funking up a few bottles of other batches so I have a few bottles going.

I've heard these get much better with lots of age but I'm struggling not to drink them early.

image.jpg

Beire de garde brune bottled with orval dregs and also lambic dregs ( thanks grant! ). This ones young too but again, there's a big flavour contribution. This has a big cherry/port aroma and a slight sour and funk to it.

You may notice the nonic. I knocked my tulip glass off the sink and ******* smashed it. Pissed off, it's my only one.

image.jpg

My English summer mild. Only had 1/4 of a keg left after the swap. It's such a photogenic beer I thought I should post it.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Hey mate looks nice, is it a nice drop?!!
I'm thinking of brewing a few mid strength beers as the IPAs and porters and hefeweizens are knocking me around after a hot day lol.
Looking to brew a nice flavoursome mid strength sessionsble beer. If your English summer tastes as good as it looks that's the style in gunna try also what's the alc% of it,cheers.

Latest posts

Back