Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 3.5% and very easy drinking designed to be downed on a hot day. I didn't get any complaints at the swap and they drank a lot more of it than expected. I will shoot you a PM if you want so you have something to work off.

American Pale Ale - Amarillo in the boil, dry hopped with centennial and Simcoe :D

1387186958883.jpg

clifftiger said:
Munich Dunkel - a nice change from the 8%+ US IPA's from the bottlo at the moment
That looks like a delicious glass of raisin toast.

mje1980 said:
Saison bottled with orval dregs. Can't believe how much this adds to beers, even at a few weeks old. This one is a month old and my last bottle. Spewing, as it's quite nice. Fruity from the original beer with a nice amount of funk. Luckily I've been funking up a few bottles of other batches so I have a few bottles going.

I've heard these get much better with lots of age but I'm struggling not to drink them early.
When you mean bottled with Orval dregs, do you put the dregs in the fermenter or leave the bottle unwashed and bottle into it?

Hey mate, basically keep the dregs in the fridge til ready to bottle. Run some beer into the orval bottle, and swirl. Add that to 4-5 bottles, then bottle as normal. Works great IMHO.

Just be aware of final gravity. I do it mostly with low finishing beers, like saison. Anything over 1.008, there is a chance they may over carb. I drink them way before they get over carbed, like within 6 weeks. I try to age them but, well, you know hahah

Beire de garde. The best beer I have ever made. For 9%, very smooth, and a great beer IMHO. Slight mustiness and Belgian flavours are there, but turned right down. Num num

image.jpg

Dog Show Dark Robust Porter.

First crack at a RoPo, am really happy with the result! 2 weeks young and drinking really well. Time to lock them away me thinks!

2013-12-19_16-25-15_140.jpg

PS. Sorry about the crappy photo, time for a new phone!

Another dark called Tempting, my crack at a temptress.

Really nice beer, loads of vanilla and cocoa, but just ain't the same! Not too far away though.

2013-12-19_19-57-35_618.jpg

Dr Smurto's Golden Ale with Amarillo and mosaic. Up till now I'd only drunk some fliptop 330mls and was worried I'd under-carbed, but this one was fine! Delicious actually!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387448187.458061.jpg

No pic at the moment, but I'm drinking a pint of my 3711 saison. I've tried belle saison, 3725, and now this and I think this is the best so far for saison. I've got 3724 to go so I should get a good idea of their flavours haha. I see on the interwebs 3711 does well with ageing, so I might bottle the next batch.

Absolutely my favourite style at the moment.

sitting back on chrissy eve with a nice big IPA.

pale malt - 80%
munich -15%
crystal 60 - 5% - 1.064
warrior, centennial, citra and cascade - 71 IBU
citra dry hopped 3g/L
us-05

aka. christmas has come early for my mouth...

have a very happy, boozy, fun, and safe christmas AHBers. love fletcher.

haddenIPA.jpg

Posted at 7 in the morning, LRG ?
Man of Iron I christen thee.

My second lot of 30 min boiler (TTL tribute) has now settled down and drinking well, I have two kegs. I would be happy to enter this in next years comp rounds. Deceptively cunning as it's not as strong as standard Aussie megaswills, but my pint glass keeps mysteriously emptying .....

TTL 30 min 3.jpg

bdn3.JPG
This years Biere de Noel. Good level of spicing, nice mouthfeel, and soft level of souring. Pretty good overall and I'll be forced to sup on another one this afternoon once the heat dies down.
Defects, way too much carbonation, should be a lot brighter.
This years is not as good as last years batch (Batz, Rowy) but still in the ball park. 2014 version will be more into the red, and I'll be waiting longer for the yeast to finish dropping out before bottling, possibly into champers bottles.

Bribie G said:
Posted at 7 in the morning, LRG ?
Man of Iron I christen thee.
It was last night's lot. Sod me, it's an excellent beer though.

But one tallie - enough to knock a grown man out.

I tried the Sail & Anchor Xmas beer, and it's similar, but mine excrements all over it. Lucky I didn't buy the S&A one - which I won't on principle. Home brand beer at craft prices.

Finished off the last bitter tonight, down to the 2nd last bottle of Belgian Blonde. Only Barleywine left and it ain't a quaffer.

Need to get brewing.

Latest posts

Back