Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Hefeweizen. 50/50 pils and wheat. I used bohemian floor malted pils and underpitched dry wb06 @ 17c. Grain to glass in 7days, great banana aroma.

1389319013494.jpg

Looks great Pratty, I know that is what I feel like.. but I'm trying to avoid buying beer to get my act together brewing my own!

Wilkensone said:
Looks great Pratty, I know that is what I feel like.. but I'm trying to avoid buying beer to get my act together brewing my own!
Wheat quaffers like this cost $30 and really quench the thirst.

P.s. buying beer is research

Well seeing as it's research I guess I shouldn't miss out should I?

Also seeing as tomorrow in Perth is a lovely 44 DEGREES :blink: I think beer is needed.. life is hard..

Coffee Dunkel

140110.jpg

This one is a blend. A batch from the cube malting experiment resulted in a strange pale lager with this massive roasted coffee aroma. It was pretty awesome, but a bit overwhelming to make to the beer truly enjoyable on its own. So I filled a keg 1/2 and 1/2 with a regular munich dunkel recipe. The combination is actually really appropriate - the coffee aroma matches wonderfully with the rest of the dunkel malt character, and is still a really quaffable beer.

Still haven't figured out what to do with the other half of my batch of "Crystal Pepsi" though.

My first Hefeweizen. 50/50 pils and wheat. I used bohemian floor malted pils and underpitched dry wb06 @ 17c. Grain to glass in 7days, great banana aroma.

attachicon.gif
1389319013494.jpg

looks bloody awesome mate. how much did you underpitch? i've only made one hefeweizen, recently too as I'm drinking it now, and used the weihenstephaner yeast. I've got a pack of WB06 lying around though so I'd be keen to compare them.

Hi Fletcher,

I only used 1 packet of fermentis wb06 directly pitched into 19lts of wort at 16c and let it rise to 17 for ferment.

Well here is my first glass of the "biere de mois". Nice tart taste and not too over-powering. I think a slight touch more saaz next time to add a little more spice.

I didn't filter this one so a bit hazy but I like that about this beer.

Still a few days off being carb'd properly but already very smashable. It's around 6% so a bit stealthy. :)

Coopers pale ale
Coopers wheat beer kit
Saaz (umm, 20gms maybe)
500g dlme
Belle saison

One of those "use up all those hops so I can buy some more" beers. It's an American style black ale I suppose.

Going from by notes:

23l batch

3.7kg bairds ale
800g dark wheat
400g caraaroma
300g carafa special 2

Hopburst with various amounts of
Simcoe, citra, cascade, el dorado

Willamette & nelson sauvin in the cube

'Argon method' 5min steep riwaka, motueka, nelson sauvin 20g each.

OG 1.052
Bry-97 at 16deg
5.2% abv
NFI IBU

Pushing it through some nelson sauvin

Pretty bloody tasty!

Bloody hell this is lethal.
And too damm easy to drink.
bbics.JPG
Barrel aged Belgian Imperial Chocolate Stout. (Same batch as the swap)

Still haven't tapped my keg, Perry.

Do you reckon it got any better?

It'd be at its peak about now I guess. I must return that keg too.

Back