Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeremy said:
Hey,

You have probably seen them in the "Recent Gallery Images" but couldn't resist...

Brewed a swag load of beer (7 kegs worth) for my engagement party this weekend. Couldn't resist pouring out a few tasters into my paddle...

med_gallery_2728_1076_32762.jpg

Venezeulan Choc Porter, Engagement Ale APA, Off-season Saison, Reunification Altbier..... Eddie the Boxer Dog, Me!

What they would look like without the 2 months lagering....

med_gallery_2728_1076_22602.jpg
Beautiful photography. I hope those beers taste as good as they look, and furthermore are appreciated at your engagement. Congratulations. That union is off to a good start!

mckenry said:
Beautiful photography. I hope those beers taste as good as they look, and furthermore are appreciated at your engagement. Congratulations. That union is off to a good start!
Yes very nice indeed. :beerbang:

Yep, some of the photos are ridiculously high quality. Obviously not mine though hehe. Im onto my saison stout. Num num. no pic coz im crap. You all know what a pint of stout looks like!

Very proud of my belgian wit. I think it should be a little cloudier according to style guidelines, but I love the flavour profile. Also it doesnt have great head rentention. But it turned out better than I expected and I have a lot of it. Going to the last 18 litres and save it for summer. Otherwise it will go.

belgian wit.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

Got through 4.5 kegs on the night, about 80 people in our backyard but due to the fact that we live a fairway out of town 50% of those were driving, and half the rest had a pint or 2 and switched to wine (philistines!) So a few people were drinking their fare share! All kegs were brewed specifically for the party but I will admit that I am glad I have got some leftovers, just starting to finally warm up and I have a keg of Weiss, and a keg of APA waiting for me (and a half keg of choc porter for emergencies)!

I like looking at this thread on a Friday afternoon, but I tend to keep away from it earlier in the week...

my Asian lager using pilsner malt and thai red rice. 3.2% awesome beer for time of year very sessionablered rice lager.jpg

rule breaking wheat with 50/50 bairds perle and wey dark wheat, WB-06 @ 18. It's actually really delicious.

image.jpg

lukiferj said:
Holy shit that's pale! Nice one man.
I know mate would you belive its unfiltered. I can't see this keg lasting the week

BenKen25 said:
I know mate would you belive its unfiltered. I can't see this keg lasting the week
Have been avoiding lagers because everyone knows real men drink ale, but this looks awesome. Now that I have the fermentation situation sorted, will have to get onto this.

I usually go with 20% in my Rice Lagers.

Cheers

I will check beersmith and get back to you i think it was nearly 50/50 though. I think it will be my summer tap beer. I used the white labs Mexican lager yeast

It is if you're on holidays.... I'm just contemplating which tap to start on ;)

mje1980 said:
helles.jpg

My helles. Even worse than drinking a lager, im drinking it out of plastic :eek: . Going down super smooth. 2308 is a cracker of a yeast. Will try a dunkel soon.

Figured out how to attach a pic haha. Not a bad pic if i do say so myself, considering it was from a smart phone
May be quoting an old post, but geez this looks great, maybe there's a recipe around somewhere... ;)

I'd have to look though the archive!. Definately best pilz, possibly 10% best Munich,and step mashed, low 60's for 45, and then a 15 minute rest at 72. I would have made a big starter and pitched cold. IMHO the only way to go with lagers.

NickB said:
I usually go with 20% in my Rice Lagers.

Cheers
just looked back at the recipe it ended up as a little bit above 30% thai red rice I have also seen black rice(Asian style schwarzbier might be on the cards) I plan on brewing this again for the case swap

Latest posts

Back