Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish red.
Crystal80, flaked barley, roasted barley, pale malt and fuggles.

IMAG0411_1.jpg

I'm drinking a dry Irish stout I brewed with belle saison. You'd be hard pressed to pick the saison at first, as it starts as a nice dry stout if I do say so myself. It's in the back end where it's a little tart, and slightly spicy. Obviously the warmer it gets, the more the flavour comes through. It's very fresh though, so I'll see how it goes as it gets conditioned in the keg fridge. Mouthfeel is dry but smooth. I'd do it again for sure.

Mid 20's,then once it hit 1.010, I bumped it up to 30c. Came down to 1.006, I thought it would go a bit lower but it was a standard dry irish stout grist with 12% flaked barley. I mashed low 60's, with a short rest at 72.

Well, this weeks healthy living plans out the window. More stout tonight, just couldnt resist!

mje1980 said:
Mid 20's,then once it hit 1.010, I bumped it up to 30c. Came down to 1.006, I thought it would go a bit lower but it was a standard dry irish stout grist with 12% flaked barley. I mashed low 60's, with a short rest at 72.
Any chance of a full recipe? I must say this has me intrigued...

Cheers!

No worries

76.2% Maris otter
11.9% flaked barley
8.3% roasted barley
3.6% Pale choc

64-45, 72-15

Challenger 8.4% 60mins

32 IBU

Belle saison.

I switched to my other fave beer at the moment. My pale mild ale, fermented with beire de garde yeast. Really love this beer too. So earthy, and has such a nice character about it. I can't wait to try the 9.3% version in a few months!

mje1980 said:
No worries

76.2% Maris otter
11.9% flaked barley
8.3% roasted barley
3.6% Pale choc

64-45, 72-15

Challenger 8.4% 60mins

32 IBU

Belle saison.
Legend...this will definitely be brewed over summer for next winter.

My latest Belgian Dubbel.
I'm pretty much in love with this beer.

cheers
Al

photo.png

An American Premium Lager. Its the Loudmouth Lager from a month ago. This is the filtered and lagered version. Sneaky tester before summer, although today was just about as good a day as it gets!

1175341_10152669121702195_1621060326_n.jpg

pretty happy with this one. kind of a fat yak clone but more on the nelson side of things. another terrible iphone photo but she's a beauty.

the fat polar IPA

beer.JPG

Oatmeal stout from recent vic case swap.

Lovely effort especially after the dramas we had. hope everyone else's has turned out this well - lots of oatmeal flavour.

For those with no imagination - looks like black beer in a pint glass with some tan head on top of it. I'll take a photo when the backdrop is as good as Batz's.

fletcher said:
pretty happy with this one. kind of a fat yak clone but more on the nelson side of things. another terrible iphone photo but she's a beauty.

the fat polar IPA

beer.JPG
You keeping one for me Fletcher? When we eventually get round to catching up...

Found 3 bottles of Berliner Weisse i made ages ago. I think i saved these 3 for the state comp, but i thought bugger it!

Put one in the fridge last night and cracked it today......... it is devine.

Light, soft, super dry and tart with a nice acidic finnish left in your mouth. It just needs more carb.

Right, so I'm off the beer for 6 weeks.

But I need a bottle of my newly bottled Hefe for a nice chicken, lemon and thyme stew, to use as the stock base, right?

What ? A cook doesn't taste his ingredients....?

Man, that's good !!

Back