Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyser, fermented with White Labs original cider yeast and WLP500, 15.7%. Aged in keg a year now. It's really coming around. If I can just wait two more years it's going to be divine. I may just bottle it off and go for the long haul.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1493202209.137646.jpg

well my smash blew tonight to much disgust , so I hooked up Earles Rogers Clone , I ballsed this up and ended up with to much water somehow which effected colour but ABV ended up spot on . Taste wise wow for a mid strength i"m really impressed with this and kudos must go to earle , think it's better than rogers and next time I brew I will change my decal to something that mentions Earles name . All of a sudden I think I better get another brew on the go have a helles lagering that will need about another month. Will brew up a stone and wood clone in the next few days and then time to hit brewman up for some more goodies ................loving this hobby/obsession .

rogers beer.JPG

Gloveski said:
think it's better than rogers and next time I brew I will change my decal to something that mentions Earles name .
Keep it simple, call it Earls?

Gloveski said:
well my smash blew tonight to much disgust , so I hooked up Earles Rogers Clone , I ballsed this up and ended up with to much water somehow which effected colour but ABV ended up spot on . Taste wise wow for a mid strength i"m really impressed with this and kudos must go to earle , think it's better than rogers and next time I brew I will change my decal to something that mentions Earles name . All of a sudden I think I better get another brew on the go have a helles lagering that will need about another month. Will brew up a stone and wood clone in the next few days and then time to hit brewman up for some more goodies ................loving this hobby/obsession .
Glad it worked out well for you. It is a great hobby. I can't take all the credit for the recipe though, there were a few guys involved in that recipe thread. Out of interest which version of the recipe did you brew?

earle said:
Glad it worked out well for you. It is a great hobby. I can't take all the credit for the recipe though, there were a few guys involved in that recipe thread. Out of interest which version of the recipe did you brew?
V2 with the less choc malt , used Hallertauer instead of Liberty @60 min

Inspired by Peteru in Yob's bar thread, decided to melt a Reeses's Choc pod down in a double shot espresso, then belt it up with my Coffee Stout. Big and gorgeous. Am inspired myself to try and do the end result au naturale.IMG_0778.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 37
Collab with Mardoo brew V, inspired heavily by AJ's Oatmeal Stout using TF Mild Malt as the base.

Photos' do not do it justice.
IMG_4284.JPG

10% oats but no lack of head
IMG_4285.JPG

Good lacing.
IMG_4283.JPG

Only downside, I lost the bloody beersmith file of the final finished recipe!

Its bitter, its sweet, its got character, its got some amazing esters that tie it together and all around a lovely stout. This had better not be the damn unicorn of stouts that I'll never be able to catch!

Mardoo said:
Cyser, fermented with White Labs original cider yeast and WLP500, 15.7%. Aged in keg a year now. It's really coming around. If I can just wait two more years it's going to be divine. I may just bottle it off and go for the long haul.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1493202209.137646.jpg
and if you drop round, he pours it by the pint... this guy is Nutz

Yob said:
Mardoo hasnt got a copy?
I seemed to somehow get carried away and didn't save the final copy and somehow lost it. I do not know what happened to it. i remember we fell short on OG due to underestimating the DP of the mild malt in this recipe, and I was out of DME so 10% dirty sugarz made its way in there. All in all after tasting this, brew day was a success.

Can't wait till his new engine kicks in for collab VI and VII

Middy, think I can help you. Just found the BeerSmith cloud file I saved to my phone :) We subbed Chinook for the Eureka, and added the 1k raw sugar to make up our shortfall on gravity. Oh, and the oats ended up as quick oats, not whole groats.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1494099089.535981.jpg

Praise! This helps a lot. I think it might be a good idea to start uploading to the cloud for these reasons.

Beersmith has an archive system for files you have opened and you can retrieve them from the list. Without using the cloud.

fffruity, punchy, cereal pulpy, 85% of total hops in at the end - thanks Stu

US04 yeast and so thanks LHBS for not having enough US05, it's worked a treat :)

got a similar 62ltr fermenting with US05 then will try 1272 with minor change - Happy Days are here again!

Latest posts

Back