Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just smashed a 9.5 corny of Beermakers Bitter (goo) dry hopped with super pride pellets, Dr Rudi and cluster flowers at my young blokes joint.
No complaints, crystal clear with plenty of crispy bitterness.

image.jpg

Drinking my cooper's English bitter tarted up kit. My own slight tweaks with what I had on hand for the Hop Goblin recipe on their site.

Very nice. Has that chocolate estery thing going on with as very nice balance of malt and bitterness leaning towards sweetness almost.

Dead simple. Ready in under 4 weeks! These kits have gotten better than I remember remember when I did my lawn mower lager with my cooper's kit all those years ago.

Kingy said:
Perfect night to let beers warm up as you drink
Pacific ale clone recipe but 3gmL citra dry hop
Geez would have exhausted Australia's Citra supply for a 23000ml brew

Sons of Zeus II
7.6% of alcohol goodness.
Columbus (Zeus) in combo with Apollo (see what I did there) and Bravo (Columbus lineage). The original was a swap beer for a vic case swap some years back using red x and wheat. This time around I went Munich, wheat, abbey and 10% dirty old cane sugar after the boil. This has a combo of the three in cubes at 5.6g p/L. Fermented on Wlp022 Essex and no dry hop. This IPA is divine! Big hop character that is tame, delicious and supports the massive malt bill. Although this is a red IPA, a collaboaration beer with Madhu prior to this has somehow had an unintentional influence. Malty as ****, big hop flavours and pleasant fruity esters to tie it all together.

Oh boy, work at 6am tomorrow. Upside, I still have 44L of this cubed. Great Scott!

Midnight Brew said:
When I upload photo they always defy gravity and they're a bit how ya going
upload to your gallery and use the share links from there.. much better.. if yhey still upload sideways, you can rotate them..

Perfect Sunday breakfast beer.
Two can Homie Lager dry hopped with cascade and cluster flowers then keg hopped with Nelson Sauvin.
Washed premium ale yeast and O2.
Cost me under 25 bucks for 50 smashable schooners but luckily I only drink middies so I get even better value.

image.jpg

This one is perfect for a Sunday arvo session.
Stockmans draugt dry hopped with Cluster POR and Northern Brewer.

image.jpg

This also exists in the S-189 at ale temps thread.

A Euro-Lager, megaswill Green bottle knockoff.
S-189 at 19°C
10 mins in the keg.

image1 (29).JPG image1 (28).JPG

An early sample of my first attempt at a super-dry ale, the batch is split in two fermenters, this is from a fermenter that is cold conditioning and is at day 3 at 2-3dC
so I've sneaked out a bottle and forced carbed it. The other fermenter has some Barbe-Rouge dry-hopping er, itself currently, just for something different.

It was an all hop flower brew from a recent harvest.

It's a bit yeasty as you'd expect pulling it early like this but still quite clean and very dry. There's a bit of a lemon aroma to it mixed in with a bit of a grainy/yeasty smell, I'm thinking that the yeasty smell will be mostly gone after a good cold condition. Slight lingering bitterness and I must say the lips after that pint are dry...

Time will tell but things look promising, so thanks to those that got involved in the thread about this beer, cheers eh

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1493106093.990166.jpg

Didn't have much time to brew last year or over the summer even, so bought a few FWK to get me through. This was a RyePA but it finished a touch too high for my liking and had a mild sulphur aroma which got in the way of an otherwise nice beer. Threw some of my gen2 Brett saison dregs in before I went to work and let it be. By the time I got home that evening it had gone from 1.018 to 1.002 and the sulphur was all gone! Dry hopped with some Amarillo and after a couple of days bottled it up dosing lower than usual in PET to try and account for the hungry and obviously active Brett.

I'm getting peach and melon on the nose with a bit of light Brett funk thrown in. Nice and spicy notes from the Rye with a nice assertive hop bitterness. The Brett has dried it out too far though so I'm getting a bit of a harsh acrid taste from the Rye as well. All up I'm happy I saved a beer and might hold some back to see what the Brett does over time.

Coffee Stout brewed two and a half weeks ago, will power to leave stash alone has proved to be sadly lacking. Coffee sitting aginst a sweet roasty bitterness. Oh yeah, $2 glass does its thing. 7.2% ABV.

IMG_0772.JPG

Well I've moved on to something a little more sophisticated from the super-dry...A Marzen from last year, 6%...gotta try to make something like this but around 4.2%, it's such a nice style the malt forward, dry-finish type of beer.

Home Harvest Ale: Altbier style malt with home grown hops. Chinook for earlier boil with big late Cascade additions for this one but have some yet to be served with Home Grown Hallertauer for late additions.

Very malty smooth and loaded with hop flavour with lower level bitterness. The low bitterness is my only concern but after weeks or longer of lagering/conditioning it really gets yummy and good. Very full flavour and good head retention. Still some refining to go though.

Home Harvest Ale.JPG

droid said:
Well I've moved on to something a little more sophisticated from the super-dry...A Marzen from last year, 6%...gotta try to make something like this but around 4.2%, it's such a nice style the malt forward, dry-finish type of beer.

Looks great. Fancy though - even has a coaster.

droid said:
Do you have a Marzen recipe you'd strongly recommend then? I was drinking my Marzen from the Brewing Classic Styles recipe book tonight and I really don't enjoy it much. So malty you could see it inching it's way to being a doppelbock. I may have screwed up that batch somehow come to think of it.... I'm just gritting my teeth to kill the keg.

mine is quite malty and at 6% I usually only have one as it's quite a big beer - hence wanting to do something similar but around 4.2%so I don't think the recipe will change your world but here it is anyhow;

Brew Method: All Grain
Style Name: Märzen
Boil Time: 90 min
Batch Size: 43.9 liters (ending kettle volume)
Boil Size: 51.9 liters
Boil Gravity: 1.050
Efficiency: 72% (ending kettle)

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.059
Final Gravity: 1.013
ABV (standard): 5.97%
IBU (tinseth): 23.8
SRM (daniels): 9.78

FERMENTABLES:
3.65 kg - German - Munich (31.3%)
8 kg - German - Pilsner (68.7%)