Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matplat said:
Northern english brown.
Challenger for bittering, First Gold late.
Most of the colour coming from shepards delight and some pale choc. Toasty, with dark fruity notes.... bloody brilliant.
That looks unreal - make sure you bring a bottle to BABBs next week if you're coming, I'd love to try it!

Craftbrewer/Bacchus Amarillo Golden Ale - US05- 50g Amarillo Dry hopped for 3 days.

uYxXtir.jpg

Leaves good lacing.

2vGjqNC.jpg

tj2204 said:
That looks unreal - make sure you bring a bottle to BABBs next week if you're coming, I'd love to try it!
Yeah, I should make it, I'll make sure to bring some. Do people ever put their screen names on their shirts?

This was a glass of my Citra pale ale I had yesterday. Single hopped all the way through the boil -> dry hop with Citra. Usual pale ale malt bill. It was kegged on 24/12, and carbed up a few days later. It tasted a bit green then, but it has improved noticeably since. Really nice beer now.

IMG_1099.JPG

Red IPA - only kegged yesterday and unfortunately a fair amount of hop matter got into the keg during transfer. Hopefully it will clear up a bit more in the coming days.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1484032401.945713.jpg

Matplat said:
Yeah, I should make it, I'll make sure to bring some. Do people ever put their screen names on their shirts?
I'm not actually a badge wearing card carrying certified member yet... That being said naming conventions are there to be challenged IMO

A couple glasses of freshly kegged Black IPA never goes astray post first week back at work.

7.7% and around 100 IBU. Bittered with warrior and I dropped around 150g hops in the cube - Simcoe, Chinook, Columbus, Centennial and Citra. Dropped another 180g or so in for dry hops. Pretty enjoyable

1484303097759.jpg

SBOB said:
or the entire recipe ;)
Will do, not that I can say it's exactly the same as I don't know hop quantities or the % of the malt bill....still interested?

droid said:
Will do, not that I can say it's exactly the same as I don't know hop quantities or the % of the malt bill....still interested?
I am. Malt bill in kg + batch size will do :)

This beer isn't mine, but the colour is too glorious not to share and give the accolades to Barls.

Barls' Cherry Wit from the NSW Christmas Case Swap, great beer, good cherry on the nose and front palate followed by a dry finish, very nice!

Cherry wit.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1484471844.151651.jpgfollowed by an ESB, from the July Vic case swap.

For the record, that's a Vada in the front. Just discovered an Indian take away place in Preston does the BEST vada.
Heaven.

Back