Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oo yo talkin' to man? Me or dat ol' Winkle? :lol:

Not too bad here today even after raising a sweat in the nice sea breeze Daz but painting the house is seriously interfering with my designated drinking times.
Know the story but your attendance was greatly missed last weekend. :beer:

To keep on-topic here's Belgian pic from my album.
127_Poirot_Pale_Belgian.JPG

Nice looking Bolleke Pete :icon_cheers:

Ahr! you cheecky bugger as if you havent a hundred litres of beer on tap for a lazy afternoon.( yep tis freakin hot today. The pool and a beer sounds good)
Daz
You've got one as well Daz, Put the hearing plugs in and ignore the rest of the world ;)

Twill be a glass or two of my APA (Cleonie's Ale)..................rib fillet on the BBQ and a nice homemade greek salad to go with............gotta love Queensland :D

Twill be a glass or two of my APA (Cleonie's Ale)..................rib fillet on the BBQ and a nice homemade greek salad to go with............gotta love Queensland :D

Bloody hell Rowy! Rub it in will ya! How does a glass of Centennial AIPA and cheese on toast sound..... LOL Will be cranking up the aircon, and watching the indy me thinks!

Bloody hell Rowy! Rub it in will ya! How does a glass of Centennial AIPA and cheese on toast sound..... LOL Will be cranking up the aircon, and watching the indy me thinks!

I always recommend cheese on toast with my AIPA's so never fear and have a beer :p

I just had a left over sausage from yesterdays BBQ on a bit of bread with tomato sauce with a Saison.

Again the recommemded pairing my friend. Cold sausage with the remenmts of grease still attached, half stale white bread and tomato sauce are the perfect accompaniment to a Saison. I am reliably informed that you are forbidden to order a Saison in France without first ordering a cold woolies sausage on bread.

Probably missing the point here but have always assumed this thread is for showing off one's beers & brewing skills & not for idle chit-chat as per most of the last posts ??????
My point being --- No pretty pics then no post. :ph34r:

:p

Waimea Pale ale

DSCF2898.JPG

Edit: Wrong pic :lol:

The angle of the background doesn't look right Batz, you on the falling down water by any chance? Or is it me?
Are you liking the hops?
Andrew

No I think it my be you mate, not drinking are you? :p

I'm a little disappointed by the hops, for a hop with a big AA% I find them lacking a bit. It's a nice easy drinking ale for sure, just not what I was expecting. Only a week ago I tasted it and commented on the bitterness, that's all gone now. Nice aroma and tasting slightly spicy and fruity now, perhaps melon? .
What I brewed here would suit the masses well.

Just got back from bali and enjoying a ESB that i made with 1318 yeast.

GOt a munich that is almost ready to bottle. Currently lagering away

9% 90ibu iipa i made in august and drinking well now, an ode to the dogfish head 90 min ipa, plenty of malt and hop goodness, deceptively drinkable

IMG_2312d.JPG

Hey mate any chance you could share the recipe? looks delish!

Cheers

Ben

Here is the recipe I'd do if repeating it. I was mucking about with seeing the difference between cube hopping and hops late in the boil while cubing and found that cube hopping was much better at getting flavour.

English IPA

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 23.0
Total Grain (kg): 3.400
Total Hops (g): 85.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.034 (P): 8.5
Final Gravity (FG): 1.008 (P): 2.1
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 3.43 %
Colour (SRM): 12.8 (EBC): 25.1
Bitterness (IBU): 42.7 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 75
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
2.000 kg Maris Otter Malt (58.82%)
0.500 kg Biscuit (14.71%)
0.250 kg Carared (7.35%)
0.250 kg Golden Naked Oats (7.35%)
0.250 kg Melanoidin (7.35%)
0.150 kg Special-B (4.41%)

Hop Bill
----------------
10.0 g Pacific Gem Pellet (13.6% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
35.0 g Challenger Pellet (6.5% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (cube hopped) (1.5 g/L)
20.0 g Pacific Gem Pellet (13.6% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (cube hopped) (0.9 g/L)
10.0 g Centennial Pellet (8.2% Alpha) @ 3 Days (Dry Hop) (0.4 g/L)
10.0 g Challenger Pellet (6.5% Alpha) @ 3 Days (Dry Hop) (0.4 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 68C for 75 Minutes.
Fermented at 20C with 1469

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Back