Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my second BIAB attempt made it to keg.

Another historical recreation, and a real surprise. 1934 Kidd Pale Ale.

I had no idea British beers came so pale. And the Bramling Cross is sublime. I think i've discovered the only lawnmower beer I'll ever want.

Sorry for the fuzzy photo.

But it's no ordinary lawnmower beer, with 44 IBU, perhaps it's better suited to lawnrolling?

lady-makes-sure-that-her-husband-rolls-the-lawn-correctly.jpg

Av a look at it, you'd swear it was brewed by a pommie :lol:

Nice mate :icon_cheers:

Screwy

DSCF2477.JPG

Pilsner Urquell clone, very nice indeed. Clouldy day on the farm today with just over 120mm of rain over the last two days which was very much needed.

One happy Batz today.

The Half Wit

Belgian Wit with Rye
Cloudy, spicy, tart. Yum.

P1010015.JPG

Turned out exactly as I hoped. :icon_chickcheers:

View attachment 50822

Pilsner Urquell clone, very nice indeed. Clouldy day on the farm today with just over 120mm of rain over the last two days which was very much needed.

One happy Batz today.

Nice Batz,

Boy doesn't it green up fast, things were looking bloody dry and pale green here last week.

Screwy

Nice Batz,

Boy doesn't it green up fast, things were looking bloody dry and pale green here last week.

Screwy

I'm going to have the arse in the tractor for the next few days, then mowing, then spraying........then start again :lol:

This one isn't actually my creation.

... maybe it should be in the commercial section? Less a lawnmower beer and more a washing up beer?

It seems one of Qld's most prestigous brewers and caseswapper hosting blokes has put something out on the market without telling us <_<

Now the label says tangerine and mandarin, but I swear there's a bit of grapefruit in there. :lol:

2011_12_11_20.02.13.jpg

... maybe it should be in the commercial section? Less a lawnmower beer and more a washing up beer?

It seems one of Qld's most prestigous brewers and caseswapper hosting blokes has put something out on the market without telling us <_<

Now the label says tangerine and mandarin, but I swear there's a bit of grapefruit in there. :lol:

Get a filter!! :lol:

If there is a heaven, it looks like that I reckon :p

Looks epic! :icon_drool2:

Thanks Gar - Certainly happy with it. Hopefully I can make it last til xmas. Only did 30L. Very refreshing beer. Now just need some hot weather to go with it.

I will say that is one of the best WITG pics i hae seen all year!

Thanks Tony. I'm having your LCBA clone My house beer and this on tap (+ a dark) at xmas.
Photo was taken with a 6 year old little Olympus 3.0MP point & shoot.

Hahahaha, bit pale for an Alt !!!!!

Screwy

i think i am becoming a snob... i just tipped both of my best mates brews down the sink due to a cabbage smell

both K&K's

Christened my new birthday riedel beer glasses with Tony's saison. Brewed with 3711. Fermented 6 days to 1003. CC for 2 then filtered into keg. Filter hardly needed cleaning. Glass has condensation, was very bright ( and tasty). First time using brewbrite too.

saison.jpg

cheers
sean

Not me Shed but it is environmentally friendly product made right here in Kin Kin, don't forget Kin Kin Tea as well.

KN04_340x340.jpg

yep had that stuff (it's more environmentally friendly for me to walk to the garden and grab some lemongrass chop it up and pour boiling water on it though :lol: )

No. What Kin-Kin really needs is a quarry. Jobs for the locals to save them driving around so much. :ph34r:

yep had that stuff (it's more environmentally friendly for me to walk to the garden and grab some lemongrass chop it up and pour boiling water on it though :lol: )

No. What Kin-Kin really needs is a quarry. Jobs for the locals to save them driving around so much. :ph34r:

Oooh that's gotta hurt hey Batz? :p

A pint of that would give you a right Royal clean-out. :icon_cheers:

Oooh that's gotta hurt hey Batz? :p

Now that's something like I would say. :lol: :lol:

We got one of them Shed, last local to work there was found floating in Kin Kin creek yesterday.

No photo, but I've just downed a Golden Ale or two. Much enjoyed. Think I might crack a 2002 Mitchell Riesling to have with fish for dinner.

One of my golfing partners just phoned. Because of a bung shoulder, booked in for surgery next Feb, I haven't been able to play golf for the last 3 months. The vets at my club give us a free ham each year if we play 20 or more games through the year. I only had 18 games up, but they decided to give me a ham anyway, because I would have qualified if my shoulder had co-operated.

I donate some of my HB to my son-in-law. He appreciates beer and thinks I brew good beer, and is happy to receive and drink them.

I do the same for my son. He complained the other day that my beers are "too malty, and too hoppy". Guess who's a happy brewer? Son's preferred tipple seems to be the occasional TED, when his dear wife allows him to have one. I'm No.1 on her list of persons she does not like, and it's a long list. I'm not losing sleep over it. She's a good breeder, giving us 3 grandkids within just 3 years.

Back