Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realise the picture is out of focus a little but I liked the way the bubbles looked.

Glad you like it Ben.

Tettnang version is my usual version and it is exactly that - golden ale designed for easy summer drinking.

Done 4 other comparative brews recently, each with the other nobles (and styrian goldings) but unfortunately I'm finding an unpleasant thing going on in the goldings and hallertauer versions that I think relates to bottles being in the hot sun.

Spalt version is tasting alright (bottled very recently) and saaz version is still fermenting. Noble hops and 05 are a good combo.

First attempt at the Whitbread 1943 Oat Mild. Cheated a little and used S04 rather than the 1099 but still a really nice drop at only 2.6%. Had to do some grain swapping as I cant get Mild Grain easily in the West.

View attachment 48731

I've noticed a fair few of these 'old' beers, particularly English ales, with the year etc. Where are you getting these recipes from?

I kegged what I am now calling my Galaxy Pale Ale last night ... just had to sneak in a taste tonight. Sensational!
Galaxy_Pale_Ale_sm.JPG

9 days from grain to glass ... you don't get much fresher than that!

GARGH_001.jpg

Ok it's not a beer, rather the 1st of 821 bottles of the Shiraz I made this year.
Pretty happy how it turned out despite the grapese being a bit poorer quality that first expected.

View attachment 50576

Ok it's not a beer, rather the 1st of 821 bottles of the Shiraz I made this year.
Pretty happy how it turned out despite the grapese being a bit poorer quality that first expected.

Nice! thats a fair few bottles. Will it age well? Better send oldmate a few so i can tell you in 10 years yes?

The last of my first 10min IPA. 5 months in the bottle, still decent hop aroma and flavour, definitely muted compared to first couple of months, but it has allowed a lot more bitterness to come through which was hidden when fresh.

10minIPA.jpg

Nice! thats a fair few bottles. Will it age well? Better send oldmate a few so i can tell you in 10 years yes?
Haha yeah been giving away bottles like no one elses business...600L is ALOT to get through by oneself.
Far as aging potential, tentatively given it a 5 year potential...might keep a few for longer just to see.

Hi,

Schneider Weisse-style by Les the Weizguy with a twist lol

Well i finally got the chance to try this beer. I put a whole kilo of Caramunich 1 in and a added 5gm's extra of the hops, so 30gm's @ 30 mins and 15gm's @ 15 mins, just too even out my 90gm pack of hops, now i have 45gm's left for my next brew.

It tastes ok. Ive made a few allgrains now and this one has been my best.
You can see how dark it is from all that Cara and i think i threw in a whole kilo of vienna as well, lol.

Heres a pic

006.JPG

IMG_0637.jpg

My first Black IPA and first partial. Brew day was a debacle, had never dealt with 3.6kg of hot grain before. Was able to have a mash stay at 67 for a full hour in my 19L pot on the stove with a towel around it.

Was a hot few days here too during the start of ferment. Pitched at around 26 degrees and it stayed around 22 for the first 4 days. Wasn't expecting it to be a great beer......had 2 weeks in primary, racked it onto a hop bag of 15g Citra and 10g Galaxy, left for 3 days and then kegged.

First taste yesterday and boy oh boy. Not quite what I was hoping for in terms of mid-palate body but WOW, so much better than I thought it was going to be. I think it would've been better if it was topped up to 21 litres and not 23.

Great hop nose but not huge. Good roasty flavour matched with hop bitterness first up, light body mid palate with solid hop flavour and then a really quenching finish that makes you take another sip almost immediately. Will definitely be doing this one again but at a lower volume.

just tapped my first hef!

Used WB-06 at about 23-24deg and got plenty of cloves & banana. this is really bloody tasty.

dodgy camera photo makes it look quite a bit darker

hef.jpg

Stoned in the Woods - Galaxy Pale Ale, my first no chill beer, it's only been in the bottle a bit over a week but I couldn't resist in this beautiful weather :D

It's quite bitter but not over the top like I thought it might be, smells epic!

2pq4cqh.jpg

109_1054.JPG

I have posted this beer before, but just poured a glass and had to get the camera. APA. Casacde, Notto.

Stoned in the Woods - Galaxy Pale Ale, my first no chill beer, it's only been in the bottle a bit over a week but I couldn't resist in this beautiful weather :D

2pq4cqh.jpg

Looks fantastic!

2pq4cqh.jpg

Looks awesome mate, by the shadow - looks like you used a old fashion box camera!

View attachment 50634

I have posted this beer before, but just poured a glass and had to get the camera. APA. Casacde, Notto.

:icon_drool2:

Lagunita's Wilco Tango Foxtrot. Recently arrived on the docks thanks to Platinum Cellars, along with a shedload of other US micros.

A beautiful rich maltiness but I felt that the hopping could have been cranked up considerably.

Back