Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_1432.JPG

Smoked Ale

Looks great....... but i SOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to know whats behind the blacked out bit ?????????????

here is my APA

Used TF FM MO and about 350g of Columbus, Centeniel and amarillo (cant spell them and dont care :p) in 20, 10 and 0 min additions, and its a great beer. Didnt filter it.... just dumped it from primary into the keg to keep all the hop oils in there...... Cloudy but it is like a resin coating on your tongue.

APA1111051152x1728.jpg

Tony, as usual the beer looks and sounds the goods B)

thanks for the recipe link btw :)

Yard

ok first post in here.

Here is my aussie fake lager. The misses washed the glass in the sink and knowing her she didnt rinse. Was to desperate for a beer to go wash them all again and try to wait for them to dry, so the head is suffering bad.

just 100% ale and bittered with POR to 25IBU

IMG_1386.JPG

ok first post in here.

Here is my aussie fake lager. The misses washed the glass in the sink and knowing her she didnt rinse. Was to desperate for a beer to go wash them all again and try to wait for them to dry, so the head is suffering bad.

just 100% ale and bittered with POR to 25IBU

You should think about getting a filtering set up mate!

Other than that, looks pretty shit.

:icon_cheers:

Ok....... i have been thinking........ i think we should start a thread called...... insert the unshowable :)

You should think about getting a filtering set up mate!

Other than that, looks pretty shit.

:icon_cheers:

KG....... beer is cloudy as pea soup...... do better mate!

keep trying :)

Edit......... you had Hi 5 in your yard didnt you!

...... shakes head in shame................

Attachments

• 100_1432_hi5.jpg
    100_1432_hi5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
my brew shed old. brewed withthe grains, dextrose and hops in lbs.

nice and easy to drink. slight honey after taste. the coffee flavour is also there. not to bitter ~20 ibu and the watery home brew we all know and love(?) more like despise... i guess still green after 8 days in the bottle.

Photo0438.jpg

mild.jpg

My latest mild. Its darker than in the pic. I ******* love mild ale. I have a full cube of this for our brewclub real ale day on sat. Yeeeew!!

Well, it's 11/11/11 today, and as fate (coincidence) might have it, my 1st AG beer had hit 2-weeks in the bottle; time to give it a crack. I give you, the MO/NS SMaSH ale.

DSCN4890.JPG DSCN4891.JPG

I've under-hopped this a tad as I was wary about the AA% of the NS (never used it before, another first) and didn't want to over do it, so next time late additions and dry hops will be doubled. It's deliciously malty with light/moderate bitterness and a mildly winey aroma. I can see myself utilising NS in numerous recipes to come. Not as clear as I would have liked, but couldn't be more psyched about my 1st. :beerbang:

I now know how satisfying the drinking of your own AG feels, and have already put a few more bottles into the fridge. This one won't be lasting long.

Cheers everyone :party:

Looks the good PE! Nothing like your first AG to get you hooked :)

Cheers!

In a desperate attempt to "get with the season" I'm getting stuck into the Fanny Green ESB keg, so I can put a keg of BdG, Saison or Grisette on instead.
esb.JPG
Going down lurverly even if it's bloody hot :icon_cheers:

I love Friday ! I love my house beer!
Tonys LCBA (almost to recipe - we homebrewers like to F around a bit)

IMG00045_20111111_1735.jpg

IMG00046_20111111_1737.jpg

50L of fresh bright ale. Whatchoo gonna do? :icon_chickcheers:

Glad it's going down lurverly Perry. Looks the goods alright! :icon_cheers:
I've worked up a thirst after kegging my Remembrance Day SMASH Vienna & my latest Alt so having a few Ugly Arnie APA's to welcome the weekend.
0154_Ugly_Arnie_APA.JPG
Not long now! :party:

TP

Edit ---- Gee! That looks nice & refreshing mckenry. :icon_drool2:

Glad it's going down lurverly Perry. Looks the goods alright! :icon_cheers:
I've worked up a thirst after kegging my Remembrance Day SMASH Vienna & my latest Alt so having a few Ugly Arnie APA's to welcome the weekend.
View attachment 49997
Not long now! :party:

TP

Edit ---- Gee! That looks nice & refreshing mckenry. :icon_drool2:

The lawn looks a bit uneven near the palm Pete. :ph34r:

Nice looking beer mate, adds an APA to the already horribly long to-brew list.

Back