Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Nelson Sauvin ale is going down nicely

854b0560.jpg

:icon_drool2:

Nelson Sauvin, Citra, Galaxy, Cascade - this is giving me an idea - oh hang on, I've already done that.

Actually I'm finding that as much as I love NS, Citra, Galaxy and Cascade seem to work better without it, but Nelson & Citra without any other ring-ins is fantastic.

Not sure about anyone else, but I've just reduced the body of my APA by around .005 gravity points (at OG) for the warmer weather (I have a headache, so a storm is around), and it's a wonderfully refreshing bitter APA.

Only an hour to go (and a bit).

Do you have a recipe with the grain bill for that? Looks amazing, and i love the colour

Cheers. Here you go, Stef-
The wheat gives a nice crisp end, drop it if you don't like wheat in your Pale Ales. The IBU's are not this high either. I'm tipping it at about 40.
Cascade and Galaxy APA
American Pale Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 23.0
Total Grain (kg): 5.480
Total Hops (g): 137.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.054 (P): 13.3
Final Gravity (FG): 1.014 (P): 3.6
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.31 %
Colour (SRM): 8.5 (EBC): 16.7
Bitterness (IBU): 46.7 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 72
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill
----------------
1.774 kg Pale Ale Malt (32.37%)
1.500 kg Pilsner (27.37%)
1.000 kg Munich I (18.25%)
0.856 kg Wheat Malt (15.62%)
0.350 kg Caramunich I (6.39%)

Hop Bill
----------------
20.0 g Cascade Pellet (4.2% Alpha) @ 40 Minutes (Boil) (0.9 g/L)
25.0 g Cascade Pellet (4.2% Alpha) @ 20 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)
12.0 g Galaxy Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (0.5 g/L)
12.0 g Cascade Pellet (4.2% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.5 g/L)
10.0 g Cascade Pellet (4.2% Alpha) @ 1 Minutes (Boil) (0.4 g/L)
20.0 g Cascade Pellet (4.2% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) (0.9 g/L)
15.0 g Galaxy Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil) (0.7 g/L)
23.0 g Galaxy Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (1 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 67C for 60 Minutes.
Fermented at 18C with Safale US-05

Notes
----------------
Cascade and Galaxy @ 0 are at whirlpool

Pitched onto nottingham yeast cake.

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Sweet, looks the goods! This ones on the list.

Thanks mate!

May I give a tip or 2:

1. Citra in there as well (especially at 10 minutes & dry hopped);
2. Briess Red Wheat Malt (keeps the colour and isn't quite as cloudy as the regular white wheat) and the flavour :icon_drool2:

Goomba

May I give a tip or 2:

1. Citra in there as well (especially at 10 minutes & dry hopped);
2. Briess Red Wheat Malt (keeps the colour and isn't quite as cloudy as the regular white wheat) and the flavour :icon_drool2:

Goomba

I'll take all the tips i can get!

Where abouts did you get the Falconers Flight from? Thats the first time i'd heard of them... quick google and now i'm keen to give them a whirl...

Craftbrewer my good man. It's definitely a great blend. Use lots late, and dry hop at no less than 2g/L and you're on a winner I reckon.

Gav80... I see in your signature that you're drinking a 10min Riwaka IPA... How's that go mate? I bet it's delicious... :icon_drool2: I love Riwaka...

Gav80... I see in your signature that you're drinking a 10min Riwaka IPA... How's that go mate? I bet it's delicious... :icon_drool2: I love Riwaka...
Just in cold condition now. Probably keg it soon and have a go but initial samples are pretty damn good. i'll put up a pick as soon as she's clear....well if it lasts the taste test haha

Apa from Greensborough Homebrew FWK. Dry hopped and tea hopped with Nelson Sauvin. Mmmmmm....

IMG_0253.JPG

Craftbrewer Obama IPA FWK. Dry Hopped with Nelson Sauvin. With fresh wort kits this good, I can't see myself justifying going AG any time soon....

IMG_0256.JPG

A B-Saaz honey-weizen:
IMAG0099.jpg

Quite happy with how she turned out. Though I've since worked out that I'm not that into weizens.

View attachment 49183

Me n me best mates tribute to good ol' Uncle Randy Mosher's IRA

been in the keg for 8 weeks (2 week natural carb )and gettin better with every glass ,

pale malt 50%
munich 39%
medium crystal 6%
dark crystal 4%
black malt 1%

cascade n goldings

yank yeast

itty its almost gone :(

Back