Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This what you get by pouring a 2.8% mild onto a 8% english mild. The mild sat on top for most of the glass, so I ended up with a glass of mild with an IPA chaser.

Cheers

That looks pretty awesome

This what you get by pouring a 2.8% mild onto a 8% english mild. The mild sat on top for most of the glass, so I ended up with a glass of mild with an IPA chaser.

Cheers

An 8% mild is pretty rad Brad :icon_cheers:

(pic looks good)

Just a simple partial mash with a tin of coopers wheat beer. Kilo of ale malt, kilo of wheat malt, mashed in my old grumpys partial bucket.

Didnt even add any finishing hops.

Fermented with wyeast 3068, just wanted a schofferhofer style for spring. About three weeks in the bottle and its delicious. Mouth watering infact :icon_drool2:

I dont full mash, just kits and partials. This one is up there with my best beer.

Not going to last till spring, so im putting another down quick smart. I know it's not the time of year for this style, but the schofferhofer hefe is my favourite beer bar none.

wheaty.jpg

Cheers

Just using your post as an example Brad

Have you noticed that nowadays when you quote a post that has a piccie in it, the piccie doesn't get carried over into the "Quote" part of post? It used to be - and this could be annoying (not so annoying with Chappo's posts :rolleyes: ) as you would often get three or four quotees with the same pic popping up post after post. Did admin make this change recently?

My first taste of an Irish Red that has been in the keg for about 10 days now. Carbonation is up nicely for the style and I am pretty happy with the colour. Aroma is subtly malty without being in your face and no hop aroma present. Pretty clean tasting with no distinctive estery or hop flavours just a nice malt backing with decent head retention. Overall not too bad should be a bit of a crowd pleaser as its a kind of bland style afterall :p

punoɹɐ ʎɐʍ buoɹʍ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɹnʇɔıd ɹnoʎ

ʌǝʞpןb

How the hell did ya do that ?? :blink: Ya just made me feel crissed as a picket !! :drinks:

check out my website in my sig, under misc stuff and upside down text
type what you want and it relays the upside down version to you

qldkev

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ʌǝʞpןb

noʎ oʇ uoısɹǝʌ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɥʇ sʎɐןǝɹ ʇı puɐ ʇuɐʍ noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ǝdʎʇ
ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn puɐ ɟɟnʇs ɔsıɯ ɹǝpun 'bıs ʎɯ uı ǝʇısqǝʍ ʎɯ ʇno ʞɔǝɥɔ

qldkev

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ʌǝʞpןb

Loverly, thanks Kev, i think i could use that in future :lol:

qldkev

ʌǝʞpןb

sʇsɐǝʎ uo oɟuı ʎןןɐıɔǝdsǝ 'ǝbɐd qǝʍ ɹnoʎ ǝʌoן˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ʇno ʇı pǝʞɹoʍ ǝʌ,ı ʞuıɥʇ ı

my favourite thread on the whole forum so I thought it's about time I contributed! I've had this porter in the bottle for a little over 2 months now and she's definately seen improvement over that time. Used some cacao nibs but it really on trasnlated into a nice choc smell rather than taste;

2011_07_22_Porter_Compressed.JPG

Bulls Head Kolsch.

First pour from the keg!

Its very nice and it will be perfect in a week or 2 ready to bottle off for the NSW state comp.

See how it goes :)

cheers

BullsheadKolsch1152x1728.jpg

BullsheadKolsch1400x600.jpg

Hey Tony gotta move up your way the bloody sun always seems to be out!!!
Mate on the 2nd keg of your Witbier bloody awsome!!!!!!!

check out my website in my sig, under misc stuff
:icon_offtopic:
I absolutely love biltong & just saw the how-to on your website, never realised it was so simple.
I think I'm going to have to give it a go.
cheers bloke

Black IPA, used the Coopers IPA as a base for a quick throw down brew and decided it'd be a black one, turned out freaking great, so great in fact, I plan on doing another, and I'm seriously not changing anything.

03861ec5.jpg

My 2nd beer back after a brewing break of almost 3 years. A Dunkelweizen. I think maybe it needs an extra week or 2 in the bottle but it is pretty tasty. Might ferment it a little warmer next time.

Back