Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest Mild utilising some Simpsons MO and Dingemans Spec. Malts... You can pick theSpecial B... Could grow to like this stuff. Very raisiny. :icon_drunk:

Ding The Man's Mild

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 23.00 Wort Size (L): 23.00
Total Grain (kg): 3.64
Anticipated OG: 1.042 Plato: 10.55
Anticipated EBC: 44.8
Anticipated IBU: 21.3
Brewhouse Efficiency: 87 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
68.7 2.50 kg. Simpsons Maris Otter Pale Ale UK 1.037 6
11.0 0.40 kg. Lyles Invert Syrup United Kingdom 1.036 10
5.5 0.20 kg. Dingemans Biscuit Malt Belgium 1.035 25
5.5 0.20 kg. Dingemans Special B Malt Belgian 1.030 300
5.5 0.20 kg. Weyermann Caraamber Germany 1.037 93
3.8 0.14 kg. Bairds Chocolate Malt UK 1.033 1100

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
25.00 g. Bramling Cross Pellet 5.00 17.9 60 min.
15.00 g. Bramling Cross Pellet 6.00 3.4 15 min.

Extras

Amount Name Type Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.00 Oz Irish Moss Fining 15 Min.(boil)

Yeast
-----

WYeast 1187 Ringwood Ale

Warren -

19072009067.jpg

Latest Mild utilising some Simpsons MO and Dingemans Spec. Malts... You can pick theSpecial B... Could grow to like this stuff. Very raisiny. :icon_drunk:

Ding The Man's Mild

A ProMash Recipe Report

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (L): 23.00 Wort Size (L): 23.00
Total Grain (kg): 3.64
Anticipated OG: 1.042 Plato: 10.55
Anticipated EBC: 44.8
Anticipated IBU: 21.3
Brewhouse Efficiency: 87 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential EBC
68.7 2.50 kg. Simpsons Maris Otter Pale Ale UK 1.037 6
11.0 0.40 kg. Lyles Invert Syrup United Kingdom 1.036 10
5.5 0.20 kg. Dingemans Biscuit Malt Belgium 1.035 25
5.5 0.20 kg. Dingemans Special B Malt Belgian 1.030 300
5.5 0.20 kg. Weyermann Caraamber Germany 1.037 93
3.8 0.14 kg. Bairds Chocolate Malt UK 1.033 1100

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
25.00 g. Bramling Cross Pellet 5.00 17.9 60 min.
15.00 g. Bramling Cross Pellet 6.00 3.4 15 min.

Extras

Amount Name Type Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.00 Oz Irish Moss Fining 15 Min.(boil)

Yeast
-----

WYeast 1187 Ringwood Ale

Warren -
looks a great beer mate.love the colour,very interested in the special b malts

Heres whats on tap at my place at the moment, a belgium wit and an APA, both very moreish!
DSC04664.JPG
DSC04659.JPG

looks a great beer mate.love the colour,very interested in the special b malts

Yep good to know we have these great options now Mickey... When I started A/G brewing 12 years ago there was stuff all to choose from.

Warren -

My first attempt at an English Bitter turned out pretty well.

Having fun using my pocket sparkler.

Could have more flavour though, just sneaking in the sytle guidelines, for a Special/Best/Premium Bitter, in bitterness and FG.
Next one i'll mash higher and up the IBUs.

Cheers,
Al

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

mmm. Bad pic, good beer....

I can't believe it's not English.....DrSmurto's Belgian Golden Ale, brewed by the man himself.
IMG029_01.jpg

Another pale ale. Been doing lots of these with different hops and slight variations on malts.
This one is JW trad ale with 15% wheat and 4% caramalt with cascade all the way.
It came out about 5.4% alc so care is needed :icon_drunk:
DSC02240__Small_.JPG

APA - palealemania entry.

Here is a sneak peak of my palealemania entry APA. hopped with magnum centennial and cascade. With a blend of ale, munich, carapils, caramalt and JW crystal. Fermented with 1272 Wyeast American Ale II. still got some yeast haze in the keg and should hopefully drop bright within the next week~.

Sherberty aroma of citrus and stonefruit. Pillowy/creamy head. gold to orange in appearance with yeast haze at this point in time. Hop falvour is almost waht you smell when you open a pack of fresh hops! Grassy, citrus, peppery and sweet. Finishes with some sweet crystal and bready munich notes. palate is quite full and finishes full. It mgiht be abit on the top end of the APA scale. Maybe the AIPA im brewing atm knocks it off.. almsot the same recipe.. more base malt, more crystal and more hops :icon_drool2:

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

APA_palealemania.JPG

Here is a sneak peak of my palealemania entry APA. hopped with magnum centennial and cascade. With a blend of ale, munich, carapils, caramalt and JW crystal. Fermented with 1272 Wyeast American Ale II. still got some yeast haze in the keg and should hopefully drop bright within the next week~.

Sherberty aroma of citrus and stonefruit. Pillowy/creamy head. gold to orange in appearance with yeast haze at this point in time. Hop falvour is almost waht you smell when you open a pack of fresh hops! Grassy, citrus, peppery and sweet. Finishes with some sweet crystal and bready munich notes. palate is quite full and finishes full. It mgiht be abit on the top end of the APA scale. Maybe the AIPA im brewing atm knocks it off.. almsot the same recipe.. more base malt, more crystal and more hops :icon_drool2:

What not in the new 'trophy' glass? ;)

Looks great - thinking about giving 1272 a go. Will be keen to hear if it drops clear, its meant to be a good floccer.

Looks great - thinking about giving 1272 a go. Will be keen to hear if it drops clear, its meant to be a good floccer.

yeah my starter floccd out within 24 hours.. post ferment its takin its time unfortunatly.

P7240089.jpg

The picture doesn't really do it justice as it's actually completely clear, but it's an ESB based loosely on Dr Smurto's Landlord.

Recipe (for 42l):

7.0kg pale 2-row
686g home toasted special pale (roughly equivalent to biscuit malt)
673g 120L crystal
45g amber malt

Mashed @ 67C for 90 min.

Hops:
28g Magnum pellets (13.1%) 90 min
70g D Saaz (Riwaka) pellets (4.4%) 20 min
50g D Saaz (Riwaka) pellets (4.4%) flameout

1469 West Yorkshire (yeast cake from previous batch)

OG 1.058
FG 1.010

Starts off caramel sweet but is quickly swept away by a solid bitterness which lingers. Goes down way too easy. :party:

American Brown Ale just tapped the keg.

Dry hopped 2gm/L also.

Am_Brown.JPG

Edit: Recipe here

Back