Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahn_010.jpg
Gulpa's Dubbel
Very nice indeed! Creamy texture and rich toasty/biscuity malt body without being over-the-top or alcoholic.
Nice Belgian spice with hints of vanilla, plums and dates.

Thanks alot for the sampler Gulpa, looks like it turned out great! :icon_cheers:

Glad you liked it Mike.

Gulpa's Dubbel
Very nice indeed! Creamy texture and rich toasty/biscuity malt body without being over-the-top or alcoholic.
Nice Belgian spice with hints of vanilla, plums and dates.

Thanks alot for the sampler Gulpa, looks like it turned out great! :icon_cheers:

Anyone got some tips on how to best photograph a glass of beer?

Any sites that have an 'Idiots Guide to Photographing beer"

I tend not to post many pics as i just cant get the picture to showcase the beer as well as many of you.

backlighting helps. Get the glass outside or by a window where the light will shine through the glass. You want lots of light. Photography is painting with light, so it pays to have plenty available. uncluttered backgrounds make for better pictures. A light background will bounce the light and help you get that desirable backlighting even if you aren't by a window or outside... shine a desklamp such that the light illuminates your beer and reflects off your background (wall?) to boost the available light.

This was meant to be a Mild, but the OG ended up a bit too high, so it's now a Bitter.
Lovely drinking, lightly carbonated, beautiful malt flavour and body, with some caramel like sweetness to round it out.
I just love the quality WY1968 gives to these sorts of beers.

IMG_0072.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

'Scuse the crappy webcam shot but I'm too ashamed to get a real camera out. In the glass today is a warmish (13 degree), uncarbonated, unlagered lager straight from the bottom of the fermenter.

I'd usually look down on someone drinking something so uncouth, but with a glass-worth left after bottling I thought I'd give it a try. It's actually quite drinkable. :eek: It should be fantastic when chilled/cleared/carbonated!

20% Pilsner mini-mash plus 20% table sugar :eek: plus lots of fresh POR flowers. Almost can't wait til the next one. (But this time I most definitely will...)

Sherberty aroma of citrus and stonefruit. Pillowy/creamy head. gold to orange in appearance with yeast haze at this point in time. Hop falvour is almost waht you smell when you open a pack of fresh hops! Grassy, citrus, peppery and sweet. Finishes with some sweet crystal and bready munich notes. palate is quite full and finishes full. It mgiht be abit on the top end of the APA scale. Maybe the AIPA im brewing atm knocks it off.. almsot the same recipe.. more base malt, more crystal and more hops :icon_drool2:

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

:icon_drool2: Awesome description! Reminds me that I've got to keg my American Rye Pale Ale.

Awesome description! Reminds me that I've got to keg my American Rye Pale Ale.

Oh and BTW, The AIPA. 10x bitter... i mean better! :icon_drool2: The Dry hopping on the AIPA makes my mouth pucker, sour mega warhead style. Chinook and Centennial. :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

I will await the results of Palealemania and see how good they really are! I would post up a pic of it, the only problem is it doesnt last long enough in the glass to get the camera out!

P1050936_r1_1_1.JPG
My Midson Road London Ale
I was too impatient and cracked this one just under 2 weeks.
Verdict. A bit average on the first sip, but it just kept getting better, and better, and better!
By the last gulp, I was wishing I threw another bottle in the fridge.

My copy of AndrewsQLD St Louis Rice Lager......mine seems a bit darker than Andrews hhhmmmmm

The only differences in the recipe is that I used Wyeast Pilsen 2007 yeast

Bloody easy drinking beer.....thanks for the recipe Andrew :icon_cheers:

Rice_Lager.JPG
Rice_Lager_3.JPG

Rook

My copy of AndrewsQLD St Louis Rice Lager......mine seems a bit darker than Andrews hhhmmmmm

The only differences in the recipe is that I used Wyeast Pilsen 2007 yeast

Bloody easy drinking beer.....thanks for the recipe Andrew :icon_cheers:

View attachment 29445
View attachment 29446

Rook

That looks awesome Rook :icon_drool2: .

Best looking beer I have seen in a while.

C&B
TDA

Here here! Looks great Rook!

And I have a bottle that Rook kindly sent me sitting in the fridge settling, can't wait for Friday to have a taste. Yours looks fantastic Rook, very clear and bright.
Color difference is probably just the camera.

Andrew

My latest dubbel which came in a little dryer than I wanted but still good drinking none the less.

dubbel.JPG

First post in this thread :eek: , first taste of an extract amber ale I brewed about two weeks ago, very nice considering its age, slight hint of chocolate and some wilamette goodness. Possibly my last extract brew ever! nearly got all my AG kit together :beerbang: .

05082009036.jpg

Though I'd give this a try. A Lager with galaxy goodness:
With flash:

No flash..must take during day:

And my first stout mmmmmm:

lager.jpg

lager1.jpg

stout.JPG

This is fun.

Canadian Blonde bottled 22/7/09. Carapils, malt/dex and Galaxy. US05.

Blonde.JPG

Blonde1.JPG

First time on this thread ( haven't been game before ) .
Raspberry Wheat, based on Rod from Dubbo's recipe.
My AG # 2

DSC_0709.jpg

Regards

Latest posts

Back