Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felt like going the nice robust glassware to consume my czech plisener from.

ESB - Maris Otter (mostly), EKG and Whitbread yeast

Two very different but equally tasting looking beers chaps... Rob, glad to see the Whitbread reborn! (What do you think of the yeast?) Here's the beer that was the little *******'s parent. :lol: Unfortunately lamenting my last pint. :( Turned into a nice little Irish Red. Perfect for a very shitty Melbourne day.

Warren -

05072009048.jpg

Holy Moly, I could launch the dingy in that glass :lol:

Batz

They used to hand them out at the local Oktoberfest at the Melbourne Showgrounds Batz... Only problem being they'd fill 'em with VB. :eek: Was always the challenge getting your pint mug home munted and in tact. :lol:

Warren -

They used to hand them out at the local Oktoberfest at the Melbourne Showgrounds Batz... Only problem being they'd fill 'em with VB. :eek: Was always the challenge getting your pint mug home munted and in tact. :lol:

Warren -

Yeah, we use to get them at the Shutzenfest in adelaide too, but with a different label. They had to replace them with plastic a while ago though as there we're too many drunk bogans glassing each other.

Yeah, we use to get them at the Shutzenfest in adelaide too, but with a different label. They had to replace them with plastic a while ago though as there we're too many drunk bogans glassing each other.

Schutzenfest, interesting juxtoposition given the comments above :lol:

Sweet Irony

Screwy

My latest foray into Belgian dark strong/dubble territory.
I used the guys at StillScottishes brewday as victims testing panel and the verdict was so-so & too young, one week later and its coming together nicely - plums ,evident alcohol, underlying spice and (oddly) drinking chocolate. Finish is still a bit flat but another 2 weeks conditioning should fix that, on tap then B) .

cred.jpg

edit: cn't spell even when sober

Samuel Smiths Old Brewery Bitter, best 3.25ABV beer I've ever tasted!

SSOBB0709.jpg

And my old standby Screwy's ESB, pic doesn't show the true clarity. The ESB is also a bit darker than the bitter.

ESB0709.jpg

Looking good Screwy The SS old bitter is on the list mate any tips ? :beer:

Dead easy beer bulp, single hop addition, colour and character comes from reducing 2L of unhopped wort (after all wort is in the kettle, but before adding hops) down to 300ml and adding it back to the boil. Best results from Nottingham yeast so far have some English liquids to try next.

Screwy

Two very different but equally tasting looking beers chaps... Rob, glad to see the Whitbread reborn! (What do you think of the yeast?) Here's the beer that was the little *******'s parent. :lol: Unfortunately lamenting my last pint. :( Turned into a nice little Irish Red. Perfect for a very shitty Melbourne day.

Warren -

G'day Warren

Happy with the flavour but I'll add a little more crystal next time - finished a touch dry.
For a first use though it was good

Rob

My 'Far Kin Ale' which is an Aussie Ale, I have been brewing this beer for a few years now with only minor adjustments.
Photo from last night, I'm not having one at 8.00am :chug: Not today anyway ;)

the_bar_010.jpg

Batz

My 'Far Kin Ale' which is an Aussie Ale, I have been brewing this beer for a few years now with only minor adjustments.

View attachment 28819

Batz

Batz,
I can't really see the beer, but I have to say that the bar looks fantastic.
You must be very proud.

Happy dispensing,
Peter

View attachment 28819

Batz

I must say the bar looks better without Campbell sleeping in it. It must be about time for a few Far Kin Ales
:icon_cheers: .

I must say the bar looks better without Campbell sleeping in it. It must be about time for a few Far Kin Ales
:icon_cheers: .

Any time Perry,baching for a couple of weeks, so party the line here ! :party: :party:

Batz

Batz

Great beer, nice and dry perfect for the aussie palate. Not mashed too hot :icon_cheers:

Screwy

Great beer, nice and dry perfect for the aussie palate. Not mashed too hot :icon_cheers:

Screwy

This is the K.K.A I told you about last time we had a beer Mike.I used 1056 instead of my usual Nottingham,it's almost too clean,POR although only used at 60 minutes leaves a slight grassy taste. I find it's missing something to chew on :p I'm sure you get my drift here.
Oh and it's dry as you would expect, but not as dry as usual...maybe I mashed to warm.....heard this happens.

Batz

Latest posts

Back