Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet reVox... i just made that pic my desktop wallpaper..! i like it.. (hope you dont mind.?)
(i actually only wanted the photo on the left, but they are merged)

Beers
KoNG

awww man, that's beautiful. made my night. here's just the photo on the left.
P1010009.JPG

:lol: glad i made someones night......
the missus went to bed an hour ago. :D

:lol: glad i made someones night......
the missus went to bed and hour ago. :D
Don't you wake her up when you go to bed?... Even if it's just for a stir? Sh!t, maybe that's why my Dragon is always cranky.

Drinking Murray's Anniversary Ale @ 10 % tonite. Creamy head ...yeah. Only way to drink a barleywine: In a pint glass, and listening to bottles fall over under the house due to the moving flood-water.

(Aside: Dragon has left town for higher ground and will be back on the morrow)

Picture_004.jpg

Seth :p

Nice one Seth Monster...!
i spotted an anniversary ale at the bottlo the other day, but wasnt willing to part $30. How did you find it..? looks meaty.

ps. i think i'll let thy dragon sleep tonight, makes for a happier public holiday.

i hope that was carlton draught

American Amber.

Brewed the day after the BBD at Duff's when we realised we had all the spare equipment people had left and it was screaming out to be used.

Mates came around last night and emptied the keg. Good excuse to brew another one.

Cheers,
Thommo.

05062007_002_.jpg

Here is my Smokin GT

Its a light coloured rauchbier devised by thomas from grumpys years ago on the old grumpys forum.

there are a few of us that were around back then and some won awards with the recipe.

I have made it a few times now and love it.

This time i used Weyermann rauchmalz and to be honest i dont like it as much as the old Hoephner rauchmalz.

Does anyone know if the hoephner rauch is still available in oz ?

cheers and here are pics.

one of the Smokin GT (1st schooner from the keg @ 4 deg c) and one comparing colour with the last of the kolsch.

cheers

Smokin_GT__832_x_1248_.jpg

Kolsch_and_Smokin_GT__1248_x_832_.jpg

Resist Andrew, resist...

Tony wrote:
"Does anyone know if the hoephner rauch is still available in oz ?"

She's probably a bit stale if they do Tony.

Back to pics....

One of the family, hearing I was into homebrewing and not knowing any better, bought me a Cooper's Lager kit for my 40th last year. I think the last time I brewed one of these was 20yrs ago. Anyway for the heck of it I did a No Sparge mini-mash of some Vienna and Carapils. Used some NZ Hallertau for aroma.

Img_1512_resized.jpg

For all the effort I would have been better mashing the whole thing

Peter

123_2311.JPG123_2315.JPG
Ross' Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale recipe, changed slightly with the addition of 10% caramel 60 malt. I won a silver medal with this beer in the English Pale Ale category. I won the glass too. It's hand blown crystal and is shaped to fit your hand, if you're a righty. If you're a lefty, you're SOL. :p

View attachment 13160View attachment 13161
Ross' Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale recipe, changed slightly with the addition of 10% caramel 60 malt. I won a silver medal with this beer in the English Pale Ale category. I won the glass too. It's hand blown crystal and is shaped to fit your hand, if you're a righty. If you're a lefty, you're SOL. :p

That glass is sweet! Nice looking beer :D Congrats on the medal, too!

I respectfully submit that the moderators remove winkles photo as bad taste and I find it is not the least bit funny. ;)

Sorry for my huge breach of common decency, razz.
Photo of my current hefe-weizen which is drinking a bit too well (out of season I know)
to try and make up for it. :p
View attachment 13175

This has got me very tempted to pour a Becks that was my fourth brew and several months old now. All malt, Hallertau 12g @ 10 minutes, neglected the dry hopping.

Fantastic beer...dammit.

At the moment I'm staring at a flat-ish looking Oak Ale which I'm giving a bit of a road test. And yeah, although the taste is not bad at all - different to what I usually drink as well - the head and carbonation are atrocious.Maybe a few more weeks will do the trick... B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back