Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[This is my Little Creatures Pale Ale clone. As the bar mat says - Brilliant. ;) It was not intended - didnt notice until I downloaded the pic. I swear ! :p

P6120016.JPG

View attachment 13160View attachment 13161
Ross' Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale recipe, changed slightly with the addition of 10% caramel 60 malt. I won a silver medal with this beer in the English Pale Ale category. I won the glass too. It's hand blown crystal and is shaped to fit your hand, if you're a righty. If you're a lefty, you're SOL. :p

Ross would be chuffed!!!

Must have burnt like buggery hand blowing that glass into the shape of his hand :lol:

Yep, gotta agree with you kirem... Found the wheat exactly the same.

If you think that's bad the Golden Ale only gets worse. <_<

Warren -

Yep, gotta agree with you kirem... Found the wheat exactly the same.

If you think that's bad the Golden Ale only gets worse. <_<

Warren -

I've been disappointed with Red Hill - not just the beers, but the attitude down there. I went down for a visit a while back and the guy behind the bar didn't seem the slightest bit interested in the beers we were tasting. No eye contact, sighing, bored with his job. We all have our bad days, but I've heard similar from others.

I go to Holgate or Mountain Goat to speak to enthusiastic, energetic brewers!

Here's the "fruits" on my long-ago labour for a Cherry blonde:
Cherry_Blonde_4_small.jpg Cherry_Blonde_3_small.jpg

Brewed at the end of January, secondaried then lagered with 4kg of fresh cherries until last weekend.
I've got a cold at the moment, so my taste is all whacked out :(
Tim

View attachment 13202

One of the guys at work gave me this and the wheat beer.

Wheat beer was a bit thin and soapy. I didn't like it, tipped it out.

That is the ale I had a couple of weekends back that inspired me to brew last weekends Wee Heavy. I enjoyed the Red Hill Scotch Ale, but sounds like I won't need to seek out the wheat.

Doc

I don't mind the redhill pale ale which uses a german/kolsch yeast.

House APA after 3 days carbing with gelatine, pouring clear by the 3rd glass and the aroma is amazing.

IMG_1061.jpg

Here's the "fruits" on my long-ago labour for a Cherry blonde:
View attachment 13205 View attachment 13207

Brewed at the end of January, secondaried then lagered with 4kg of fresh cherries until last weekend.
I've got a cold at the moment, so my taste is all whacked out :(
Tim

I have tasted this and if I may act on behalf of Tim's nose and olfactory glands - it's pretty good. A cherry hit at the start - ie.. aroma on roof of mouth, then a very slight sourness through the body of the beer.

Interesting taste, maybe not something for everyone, but well executed.

Cheers - mike

My Sierra Nevada clone,not as 'in your face' as some of my APA"s,but a very nice brew indeed

Batz

bar_apa.jpg

American Rye... Mmmmm 30% rye :D

IMG_1069.jpg

American Rye... Mmmmm 30% rye :D

View attachment 13215
Just finished the last jug and wish I had another 3 kegs of it. For a kit its as well balanced and flavoursome as one could wish for. Racked once with brew booster.
Def included on my favourites list.

Just finished the last jug and wish I had another 3 kegs of it. For a kit its as well balanced and flavoursome as one could wish for. Racked once with brew booster.
Def included on my favourites list.

Hey z00m, what kit can you get with rye? its great to know that they are out there :beerbang:

Alaskan Winter Ale, 6.4% brewed with spruce tips.

Amazing flavours of marzipan, cherry and malt to my taste buds. The spruce i assume is giving me these sweet flavours. Great drop.

Sorry about the photo quality.

C&B
TDA

Alaskan_Winter_Ale1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back