Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i know i posted pics of the smokin GT already but i poured this 1 liter stein (cause im sick of walking downstaits for a beer) and it looked so good.

cheers

Ha ha Tony, I have the same problem, but I get around it with a cheap 2 pint glass jug instead. :)

That's a very pretty beer.
The Kolsch pic you posted a while back was very inviting too.
I for one don't mind repeat pics when they look that good.

Rgds,
Peter

Hi Andrew,
Nice looking beer.

What do you think of the S-189? Haven't used it yet.

Rgds,
Peter

Hi Peter,
I was very happy with the s-189 yeast, attenuates well and drops very clear to, leaves a nice malt background in the beer. I will use this yeast again.

Cheers
Andrew

Boingk's Best Lager:

Two-Row.jpg

[PS: Sorry for the slanty ledge, its the only static spot with sun haha. Also for the horrendous glass :rolleyes:]

*whistles*

you could sell that photo to tooheys boingk, all it needs is a drop of water running down the side of the glass

-Phill

Sorry, doesn't look nearly as tongue-numbingly cold enough as Tooheys Supercold is... but I'm sure it tastes a lot better though :)

A APA and a Trappist taken on a very dull grey sky day.

Edit: The APA is not red [as in the photo] but a gold colour, the Trappist about right, both as clear as and no sun to show them off.

LCPA_clone.jpg

Trappist.jpg

Edit: The APA is not red [as in the photo] but a gold colour, the Trappist about right, both as clear as and no sun to show them off.

They still look great bindi, how is the Trappist taste wise, any chance of a recipe?

Cheers
Andrew

Finally have a new digital camera so here is a pic of my Aussie Ale, Tastes great after a hard days work.
Aussie_ale_001.jpg

Cheers
Andrew

They still look great bindi, how is the Trappist taste wise, any chance of a recipe?

Cheers
Andrew

Sure Andrew, and it tastes great, but took months in CC to be very good, I say again, very good, as opposed to good.
only good [IMHO] as a new beer, brew it if you have the fridge space and I have $h!t loads and the kegs and time also, also hide the power bill from the minister for War and Money.

That does look good bindi,I would not mind the recipe as well ;)

Batz

100% Saaz B German Pilsner/Dortmunder

Just to confirm things, I do not filter, gelatine brings all my brews out like this.. :beer:

230607_pilsner.jpg

Nice one Slugger, how long did you lager for??

It's been sitting now for a few months but usually only 1-2 weeks to come up clear with the gelatine. Sometimes I only do 1 week between fermenter and keg.

Slugger, I remember going over this in the past but can you remind me of your gelatine technique please?
How much do you use, what brand, when do you add it, do you add when the beer is in secondary and cold etc...
Somedays I just couldn't be bothered filtering.

Thanks.

Slugger, I remember going over this in the past but can you remind me of your gelatine technique please?
How much do you use, what brand, when do you add it, do you add when the beer is in secondary and cold etc...
Somedays I just couldn't be bothered filtering.

Thanks.

Yep, I don't see the need to ever filter.

2 teaspoons into a cup of hot water, stir until disolved. pour into cube, leave a CC temps for 1 week, then rack to keg, done.... clear beer.

*whistles*

you could sell that photo to tooheys boingk, all it needs is a drop of water running down the side of the glass

-Phill
Cheers! One of my mates actually said something along those lines when I took it. The full thing is now my desktop background. Loving it :D

Sorry, doesn't look nearly as tongue-numbingly cold enough as Tooheys Supercold is... but I'm sure it tastes a lot better though :)

Yeah, Supercold really is super cold! I find I've got to have something to sit the glass on between sips as it makes my fingers numb...

And yes - the glass in the pic tasted a lot better than Supercold. After I'd finished it a few mates came around and we all went down to have a stuff-around game of lawn bowls [yes, lawn bowls] over a few beers. I couldn't wait to come back home and drink something decent - the place had a choice of XXXX Gold, Tooheys Extra Dry, New, Supercold, VB. I went the Supercold so the 'flavours' would be subdued, haha.

Ross's Spalt Alt Bier - which unlike Ross's original that I based the recipe on (which as I recall was sampling damn fine on day 1) - took 4 weeks of cc to settle down - prior to that it wasnt flash - murky (despite filtering)

Had to post 2 shots - befoer and after - mighty impressed with my new glasses - check out the lacing (I was impressed anyway)

RM

(Oh yeah - GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!)

PICT0012.JPG
PICT0013.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back