Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Berliner Weiss with a slice of orange as suggested by Asher.

The next attempt will include a lactic ferment as a sour mash hasnt done to much and adding lactic acid has made it a bit one dimensional. This is probably due to the base beer being very simple, low malt, low bitterness, zero everything. The orange has added something and it is a very dry, tart refreshing beer... and the missus likes it :eek:

View attachment 15989

Sorry Jye... That one is visually a blot on your perfect copybook. :lol:

Warren -

Friday morning, no more exams, test cricket, why wouldnt you? Lovely weather for a weizen

Image000.jpg

Edit: Rotated image.

Friday morning, no more exams, test cricket, why wouldnt you? Lovely weather for a weizen.

Ah, looks great, the love of my beer life at the moment, hefeweizen (well, OK, I can find a place in my heart for APAs as well). Have the grains and yeast ready for my next wheatie, just waiting for my son to come up on hols in a couple of weeks to show him how to do an AG brew. In the interim I have a dunkelweizenbock (Pikantus clone) bulk conditioning at present, and this will be bottled in about another week.
I am still using a film SLR camara, but have ordered a digital camera for my birthday in Jan, so will be able to post some shots of my efforts in about 2 months time.

Grand Ridge Brewery, Natural Blonde, Wheat Beer - top stuff and a really nice solution to a hot day (also went quite well with spicy Asian food last night.

Drinking my fav brew, a beautiful AAA at the moment. Waiting for the mash to finish on another batch of the same... Friday Beers and Friday Brewing... I Love Friday (Even if I have to work all weekend!)

View attachment 15997

Cheers!

Drinking my fav brew, a beautiful AAA at the moment. Waiting for the mash to finish on another batch of the same... Friday Beers and Friday Brewing... I Love Friday (Even if I have to work all weekend!)

View attachment 15997

Cheers!

nice looking drop Nick, never tried one, any chance of a recipe ?

Cheers
Yard

Sure, see what I can remember (at work at the moment):

Boil Size: 33L
Batch Size: 24L
Mash Temp: 65C for 60 mins
OG: 1.055
FG: 1.008
37 IBUs

5.75KG BB Ale
0.25KG Medium Crystal
0.07KG Black Malt

10g Chinook @ 60mins
15g Simcoe @ 20mins
15g Cascade @ 20mins
15g Simcoe @ flameout
15g Cascade @ flameout
15g Cascade Dry Hop (7 days)

From what I can gather, a AAA is basically a darker APA. I'm sure there are a few more differences though! This batch has a nice upfront bite from the Chinook (you could well overdo it I think - in fact the batch I brewed last night I used the Chinook as a FWH addition to see if it made a difference), then the Simcoe and Cascade flavours shine through.

This will be my House Ale once I get some kegs set up! (oh, and this batch was CC'ed for about 3 weeks - clearest beer I've ever made by a long shot! (even if you can't see in the photo!))

Cheers

View attachment 15997

Cheers!
Oooo yeah! Looks tasty, like the sound of that recipe. I'm yet to try the AAA I recently bottled, and unfortunately I'll only get to try a couple of bottles of it after the NSW caseswap.

I've got some Chinook, Cascade and black malt i've been meaning to use in something, so I may emulate something like yours. ;)

I really do love that beer...only 4 bottles left now! :( Oh well, as stated previously, brewed another batch on Friday night, with the Chinook as FWH, and I also upped the Cascade additions to 20g, and dropped the Simcoe down to 10g, to try and smooth the bitterness out just a bit. Might even try it with Ahtanum instead of the Simcoe next time....hmmm, so many options! :)

If you do end up brewing it, I'd suggest giving it a couple of weeks conditoning at least - really didn't like this beer at first, but after 3 or 4 weeks CCing, and a couple in the bottles, it's really come into its own!

Cheers

My favorite Alt once again
Today with thunder clouds over the hills,the tanks are full and the land is green! This really is paradise ;)

alt.jpg

Batz

poured a bottle of my NSW case swap beer...... the Sheep Shagger....... and its bloody tops.

Well its a 7% beer, made to be an IPA with NZ hops. D Saaz FWH then all Hop flowers. B Saaz, Hallertau Pacific, Sothern cross and Nelson Sauvin......... lots of them. to the point it suffers from hop haze.

It was brewed to a BU:GU ratio f 1:1 but you wouldnt know it.

The maltt is there to support the hops at first, with a medium body, but this fades quickly to a clean mouth full of hops that is very very pleasant. clean and fresh. The aroma is INTENSE!!!!!! Same as the flavout... clean and fresh........ you could snif it all night.

Its nothing like anything i have made before. English, european and american hops cant be compared. This is definatly a NZIPA.

I think ive created a new style. :p

cheers and cant wait to see what the punters think in the swap.

sheepshagger.jpg

123_2360.JPG

A Northern German Alt. Just kegged less than a week ago, so still a little cloudy but one of the best I've ever made. :chug:

First glass out of the keg, Aussie ale with Cluster and POR ;) mega swill it's not, but I did use polyclar [spelling?] ,filter and use a little sugar.
Not my usual style but must do it again, bloody nice :) .

4.50 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (2.0 SRM) Grain 87.21 %
0.21 kg Crystal, Dark (Joe White) (110.0 SRM) Grain 4.07 %
0.05 kg Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 0.97 %
20.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [11.00 %] (60 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 24.3 IBU
16.00 gm Cluster [5.30 %] (15 min) Hops 3.8 IBU
20.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [11.00 %] (15 min) Hops 10.9 IBU
15.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [12.00 %] (5 min) Hops 3.2 IBU
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
0.40 kg Dememera Sugar (2.0 SRM) Sugar 7.75 %
1 Pkgs SafAle US-56 (DCL Yeast #US-56) Yeast-Ale

Edit: This is from last night, I was NOT drinking at 8am [but again it has been done].

Aussie_web.jpg

First glass out of the keg, Aussie ale with Cluster and POR ;) mega swill it's not, but I did use polyclar [spelling?] ,filter and use a little sugar.
Not my usual style but must do it again, bloody nice :) .

4.50 kg Pale Malt (Barrett Burston) (2.0 SRM) Grain 87.21 %
0.21 kg Crystal, Dark (Joe White) (110.0 SRM) Grain 4.07 %
0.05 kg Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 0.97 %
20.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [11.00 %] (60 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 24.3 IBU
16.00 gm Cluster [5.30 %] (15 min) Hops 3.8 IBU
20.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [11.00 %] (15 min) Hops 10.9 IBU
15.00 gm Pride of Ringwood [12.00 %] (5 min) Hops 3.2 IBU
0.50 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
0.40 kg Dememera Sugar (2.0 SRM) Sugar 7.75 %
1 Pkgs SafAle US-56 (DCL Yeast #US-56) Yeast-Ale

Edit: This is from last night, I was NOT drinking at 8am [but again it has been done].

I'd be interested to try that Bindi, have used POR in very small amounts for bittering in combo with NB and been happy with the outcome. Most of what I've used it for would have been very light/pale ales though.

My first attempt at weisse, brewed with too much water so ended up about 3.4%. Not much flavour happening. Not sure if it's overcarbed but have not had to use CO2 to pour it. It was made with 100% wheat and nothing else. It's hard to pour from the tap as it is very very heady.
eric

Weisse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back