Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if anyone says you cant use more than 20 IBU of POR without it being harsh...... they cant brew. This is smooth.

:lol:

as Tony pats himself on the back, brewers everywhere start selling their gear. :p

edit: can't speil

Ohhh piss off you lot...... you know what i mean :eek: :lol:

:D i wondered when you'd come back defending yourself..!!! :lol:
(be careful what you touch after stroking your chilli plant...)

i only pat them..... they dont like being stroked :p

Im not one to sit back and not defend myself........ got scars to prove it :)

chees

PS... i will put the recipe in the database if any of you pussies are game enough to break the rules :lol:

if any of you pussies are game enough to break the rules :lol:

Nup, as stated earlier... macrame is my new passion. B)

Warren -

macrame.jpg

Cracked one of my Christmas beers today to make sure it was drinkable for Christmas. No point digging it out for family and finding its over carbed crap.

Its aged perfectly, spicy fruity nose and taste, crystal clear and great head retention. And it didnt have POR in it before you ask :p

The S-33 has performed very well and im thinking of using it in something without all the fruit and spice to find its true character. ITs hard to pick whats yeast and whats all the other stuff i put in this beer.

cheers

xmas_beer_december__549_x_824_.jpg

Cracked one of my Christmas beers today to make sure it was drinkable for Christmas. No point digging it out for family and finding its over carbed crap.

Its aged perfectly, spicy fruity nose and taste, crystal clear and great head retention. And it didnt have POR in it before you ask :p

The S-33 has performed very well and im thinking of using it in something without all the fruit and spice to find its true character. ITs hard to pick whats yeast and whats all the other stuff i put in this beer.

cheers
Glad it has all worked out!
Had the last bottle of my one from last year at the QLD swap and it had held up. Was a lot dryer than last year but all the spices and character was still there. Will definitely do it again one year...

YEah it worked out great...... next year i will make a pale one and a derk strong one with heaps of spice.

cheers

my latest, not exactly sure what it is, rang Ross from work with the order, hanging 88 metres up from the end of a crane doing a weld repair...

anyway its got some pils, wheat, munich etc in there, tettnang and saaz fermented with WB-06
bit of a mongrel but it's more than ok :)

obb.jpg

Very purdy :icon_drool2:

Whats your opinion of the wb06?

my latest, not exactly sure what it is, rang Ross from work with the order, hanging 88 metres up from the end of a crane doing a weld repair...

anyway its got some pils, wheat, munich etc in there, tettnang and saaz fermented with WB-06
bit of a mongrel but it's more than ok :)

obb.jpg

hope you didnt blow that kettle up (in the background) making it :lol: Or is that art? Beautiful view too. The beer looks the goods by the way!
Cheers
Steve

avent put a pic on here for a while, but I believe this is worthy.

4kg BB Ale
500gms Carared
500gms Caramunich II
160gms Caraaroma
20gms Roasted Malt

16gms Fuggles @ 60 mins
14gms Northern Brewer @ 60 mins
25gms Styrian Goldings @ 20 mins
10gms Fuggles @ 10 mins + 1 Whirlfloc
25gms Fuggles @ 0 mins

Nottingham Ale yeast

Mashed at 67 for 60 mins

No chilled overnight.

Kegged 2 December
Gassed 3 December
Drinking 4 December

Bloody beautiful. Cheers DucatiboyStu for the inspiration.
Steve

P1010003.JPG

HTFU Pilsner using Zwickels mash regime. Bloody fantastic beer, nice body that finishes dry and crisp. This is one of the clearest beers I have ever made.
Sorry about the poor light, I was in a rush, to drink it :p

jess_013__Large_.jpg

HTFU Pilsner using Zwickels mash regime. Bloody fantastic beer, nice body that finishes dry and crisp. This is one of the clearest beers I have ever made.
Sorry about the poor light, I was in a rush, to drink it :p

Andrew, that clarity looks incredible :eek: Is it filtered or just all good brewing technique?

Here's my Under The Southern Cross. One malt, one hop and one yeast yet it tastes superb. KISS theory at work. :)

I was going to say I'm happy with the clarity but now I'm underwhelmed. :lol:

dsc02596bt3.jpg

Warren -

Andrew, that clarity looks incredible :eek: Is it filtered or just all good brewing technique?

Here's my Under The Southern Cross. One malt, one hop and one yeast yet it tastes superb. KISS theory at work. :)

I was going to say I'm happy with the clarity but now I'm underwhelmed. :lol:

dsc02596bt3.jpg

Warren -

The Kiss theory works very well Warren, lovely looking beer, I love one hop one malt beers, they really test your understanding of the brewing process to get the balance right.

I just wish I had your camera skills. <_<

This was unfiltered but I used gelatine then polyclar with a week between the two.

I think Zwickels Mash regime is the reason for the clarity in this beer, definately worth the extra effort for a beer this clear and the dry finishes is spot on.

By the way, Thanks Zwickel, I can now brew a decent Pilsner.

Cheers
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back