Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt at weisse, brewed with too much water so ended up about 3.4%. Not much flavour happening. Not sure if it's overcarbed but have not had to use CO2 to pour it. It was made with 100% wheat and nothing else. It's hard to pour from the tap as it is very very heady.
eric

Wow 100% wheat! Stuck sparge at all?? That's quite an effort - I've run up to about 40% for my Wits... Looks the goods though

Wow 100% wheat! Stuck sparge at all?? That's quite an effort - I've run up to about 40% for my Wits... Looks the goods though

BIAB :D . No sparging for me.It looks good, but the taste is definitely no there. I am going to try it again though. Not getting to much of the yeast coming through either.

My contribution to the Qld Case Swap.
Acerola Pale Ale

View attachment 16144

A good manly pink colour, good acerola aroma, interesting fruity flavour with a odd tart sweet/sour almost astringent finish.
This will polarise the punters - looking foward to the feedback :ph34r:

My contribution to the Qld Case Swap.
Acerola Pale Ale

View attachment 16144

A good manly pink colour, good acerola aroma, interesting fruity flavour with a odd tart sweet/sour almost astringent finish.
This will polarise the punters - looking foward to the feedback :ph34r:

I just have to sample that :rolleyes: I won't be at the swap [the function I am going to we will not drink any less] You MUST try my Cherry wit also, my bar is always open 24/7.

Sounds like a xmas piss-up in the making, Bindi - your place or mine :)

Sounds like a xmas piss-up in the making, Bindi - your place or mine :)
My Place ;) so Screwtop can come also, has to be before Xmas as I am at the Woodford Folk festival boxing day for 7 days , I go every year [and they pay me to do it] as an entertainer, 15th is out [AGM for another Festival I am involved in] 16th also out [setting up the Woodford F F]
Sat 8th and 22nd is looking good for a taste test or mid week if you are off the week before Xmas. :blink: Confused? I am.

Sorry for being off topic, nah...I am not really.

Back on topic.

An AG PaleAle I made a couple of years ago and bottled and saved a few bottle [which I forgot about] in a cupboard.
Hops are low and the malt is a nice balance,on my notes it was hoppy B) then, laces to the bottom, and as clear as a bell, not bad for an aged beer. ;)
Also on my notes it was 4.4% :lol:

Edit: Typos

Old_Pale.jpg

My Place ;) so Screwtop can come also, has to be before Xmas as I am at the Woodford Folk festival boxing day for 7 days , I go every year [and they pay me to do it] as an entertainer, 15th is out [AGM for another Festival I am involved in] 16th also out [setting up the Woodford F F]
Sat 8th and 22nd is looking good for a taste test or mid week if you are off the week before Xmas. :blink: Confused? I am.

Sorry for being off topic, nah...I am not really.

Off topic, sounds like Xmas drinkies, I'm in, will bring a keg of something. Kick a thread off Bindi, have a couple of beds here for visitors. Remember the road to Bindi's is much shorter than the road home. He put's something in his beers that affects my left foot :lol:
Back on topic, sorry brewers.

I finally had another go at one of Zwickels Corona Clones, very moorish beer, not a lot to hide behind, haven't tried it with the citric addition, but without it its a bloody clean beer....

Daz

corona.JPG

DSCF3815.JPG

My contribution to the Male swap.

Amarillo Bomb.
Mmmm grape fruit twang with citrus lingering after every drop.

I am sold.

Great summer quencher.

Pretty sure i had added this before, but couldnt find it.? (may be in the wheat thread....)
anyway, here's my wheaty.!!
Need to grab a photo of this beer in my new Paulaner glass...! The redback and/or PHaT will do for now.

Zossen.jpg

Yum
KoNG

My CAP has a little age on it & tasting superb B)

pilsnerurquell.jpg

cheers Ross

That looks so tasty, Ross... :icon_drool2:

Tried one of these for the first time.

Had a Blonde beforehand and a Vieille Cuvee afterwards.

Very Noice !!

Leffe.jpg

I have my Bulls Tale Pale Ale on tap.

Simple brew..... one malt..... one hop

JW ale malt and Pride of Ringwood flowers.

1.052, 27 IBU. Hopped with 10 IBU at FWH, the rest 45 min addition and 1/2g per liter at 5 min to go.

ITs creamy smooth, and very very drinkable.

It holds a head for ages and all the way to the bottom of the glass. Im very impressed.

pic on the fence is after pouring, the pic on the garden edge is 10 min later after i went and played with chilli plants. Great head retention.

And if anyone says you cant use more than 20 IBU of POR without it being harsh...... they cant brew. This is smooth. it sat in secondary for 5 days and spent 2 days carbing up in the fridge.

cheers

edit: pics were sideways and the beer was running out.

Bulls_Tail_Pale_Ale.jpg

BTPA_after_10_min.jpg

And if anyone says you cant use more than 20 IBU of POR without it being harsh...... they cant brew.

Looks like I might have to search for SWAMBO's knitting needles :lol:

Seriously mate...... this beer has the smoothest creamiest finish to it........ Its the POR flowers that do it..... i wouldnt bother with pellets again. Ross sent me some when i ordered flowers about a year back and they will probably get chucked or used in a "left over" imperial stout brew if i need them.

I love hop flowers!

cheers

Screwey...... dig em out and start knitting.

Did you know i missed out on a place in the international ale catagory at the AABC 2 years ago by half a point with a beer made with this recipe against a thousand APA's.

well maybe just 20 odd.

It got 1st in class in the state comp and scored 127 but the national comp is a lot tougher.... as it should be.

Its not he most aramatic hop and the fact that it did so well at this level still blows me away.

look under B3 Pale Ale.

Cheers

View attachment AABC_2005_Results.doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back