Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a bit of a look back to see what the fuss was about.
Anyway, here's my first Coopers IPA kit, steeped with some carapils, both bought at ESB at Peakhurst, who's Smoked Belgian Ale I really love, brewed with a can of Morgans Extra Pale Malt, a gift from Phrak (yep, I've got a handful of them saved for you), and dry hopped with some Goldings which I bought from Dave's in Nth Sydney, handy on those field trips from the office.
A bottle is up at MHB's, (who's a top bloke indeed)., I hope he likes it.
I hope that earns me a commission? Please? Sorry, I forgot to add Country Brewer, who give you brownie points if you shop regularly, and have a nice summer wheat wetpak.
Enough shitstirring, here's the pic.
Pete
IMG_4589_2_1.JPG

I shot this last night at my nerdy photography club meeting.
IMG_2543_600h_colour.jpg

Great pic bonj.. makes me thirsty just looking at it!

Thanks guys. The idea has been rolling around in my head for a while... glad to finally get a chance to test it. I've got a couple of others with a larger depth of field (everything's more or less in focus).

i'm pretty sure Dan murphys stock it.

cheers Ross

You got my hopes up for a moment then - but it turns out that Dan Murphys stock Adnams Suffolk Strong, rather than Greene King's Strong Suffolk. The Admans' Bitter is nice, but its got nothing on the Greene King version. I made the same mistake several times when I was over in Ipswich (the pommy one, not the bananabender one).

Great link, thanks Thunderlips!

try a softbox highlight on the glass bonj

If I had a softbox, I would. But they're bloody expensive, and the brolly-box does almost as well most of the time. I have been thinking about making one...

everything good in photography is expensive.
square highlight is heaps better. brollies suck.
good composition though

Thanks for the compliment on the composition. If cost wasn't an issue I'd probably try strip lights (really tall, skinny softboxes). When I have more time to work on it, I'll try and get that highlight using what I have... I'm thinking the translucent section from the 5-in-1 reflector, with some black card or foamcore to make it square... Only had about an hour to work on it last night. (after setting up the lights).

Bonus points to anyone who can guess what's in the glass.

I have a dolphin torch you can borrow.

Only cost ya a carton :)

and i will hold the said torch if i get to drink the beer in the glass :)

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back