Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No affiliation, etc, etc

Can i have a show of hands to show how many people on here would like to never see this phrase on this site ever again.

I have said it myself out of fear of being shot down for taking sides

We all use products sold by many forum members....... if were are affiliated..... who cares. If someone starts posting long winded adds for friends products, im sure they will be seen as such.

This world has become so over regulated and user friendly...... sorry, just pisses me we have to say that so we dont upset someone.

I will go look at all the nice beers now :p

cheers

Can i have a show of hands to show how many people on here would like to never see this phrase on this site ever again.

Sorry Tony, I must have just struck the wrong time to add the above phrase?
I seldom use it.
Know Ross well & was just mentioning the Polyclar as it seems to work for me a lot better over 3+ days rather than the recommended 2-3 days. I cannot budget for a filter ATM even if I wanted one & am happy with the Polyclar for now.
Rossco is no film star by any means but seems to be marginally better-looking than your avatar. :lol:

:beer:

The beer looks good Pete, but where did you get the glass?

Newcastle Brown, sorry about the poor pic and finger smudges on the glass. Pic means nothin with this one, this IS a newkie brown UP and DOWN. One of my fav UK beers, from memory the taste, aroma and bittering are spot on, even lowered the carbonation a little for authenticity. Can't remember where I got the recipe from, have had it over a year. Will get one tomorrow from First Choice for a side by side tasting, this is great, colour is lighter than in the pic.

NewkyBrown.jpg

Some of these pics are "What's been in the glass"

Rauchbier (2 nights ago)
Rauch.jpg

Oktoberfest - tonight (an ag beer I made years ago, and I'm reclaiming the yeast - Munich lager). Great head, eh? (Note: PoMo's NSW July case bonus gift bottle opener).
OKTOB.jpg

Berliner weisse (right now). This is the first one I made, about 2 years ago, with a sour mash and it's still quite tart but nicely balanced. Just fiinished it - aaaah! The head was good on this one too, but by the time I snapped the shot...I don't like this Ricoh camera. Colour should look pale yellow, unfortunately like urine.
Weisse.jpg

Les the happy brewer :p

Some of these pics are "What's been in the glass"

Rauchbier (2 nights ago)
View attachment 13723

Oktoberfest - tonight (an ag beer I made years ago, and I'm reclaiming the yeast - Munich lager). Great head, eh? (Note: PoMo's NSW July case bonus gift bottle opener).
View attachment 13724

Berliner weisse (right now). This is the first one I made, about 2 years ago, with a sour mash and it's still quite tart but nicely balanced. Just fiinished it - aaaah! The head was good on this one too, but by the time I snapped the shot...I don't like this Ricoh camera. Colour should look pale yellow, unfortunately like urine.
View attachment 13725

Les the happy brewer :p

You've been reading my posts haven't you Les. Knowing that these are beers I've enjoyed recently (commercial examples). Love the look of these beers, how does the sour beer taste, did you make it with a really low OG? And what malt did you use for the smoke?

Screwy

Sorry Tony, I must have just struck the wrong time to add the above phrase?
I seldom use it.
Know Ross well & was just mentioning the Polyclar

Mention away mate..... that was my point. We should be able to mention away all we want without having to feel the need to use the disclaimer. Its a part of life that poops me up the stream :p

[/quote]

Rossco is no film star by any means but seems to be marginally better-looking than your avatar. :lol:

[/quote]

yeah he has a couple more teeth but ive got more hair B) for now.

cheers

Below: one night at my place a while back

hehe

pumpyrossandstu_funny3.JPG

I brewed this aus (not so) pale ale for my bro-in-law with just ale malt & PoR. He thought it was too hoppy, so now im drinking it ! Ive just fermented a k&k for him. If he doesnt like that, then I'll leave him to his Tooheys Extra Dry ....

img_4751_rot.jpg

edit - least he doesnt wear vb shirts like pumpy ! lol

not one of mine but was still enjoyed. this is stu's spa, he left me a bottle from the last bbq at my place
01072007033.jpg

We all use products sold by many forum members....... if were are affiliated..... who cares. If someone starts posting long winded adds for friends products, im sure they will be seen as such.

This world has become so over regulated and user friendly...... sorry, just pisses me we have to say that so we dont upset someone.

cheers

My hand up and waving Tony
wave.gif

Batz

well thats two of us :)

REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!

hehe

cheers

This is a Pilsner that is no longer in the glass or the keg. No clearing agents or filters, just a very flocculant yeast!
Cheers
Gerard

2007_07012007June20070152.JPG

I hooked up the keg of EKG bitter i had carbonating.

Bloody nice.

I filtered it but the filter must not have seaed properly cause it looks like its strait from primary ;) not happy

it tastes great and look at that lacing :)

this was the first from the keg. very happy

cheers

lacing_on_bitter_glass.jpg

You've been reading my posts haven't you Les. Knowing that these are beers I've enjoyed recently (commercial examples). Love the look of these beers, how does the sour beer taste, did you make it with a really low OG? And what malt did you use for the smoke?

Screwy
Well, Skrewy... I like to keep my finger on the pulse.

I'm glad to have brought cheer with my German-themed post.
The sour beer was quite tart but quite well-balanced. Bottled 13/2/05 and had an OG of 1.031. The sourness in this one came from a sour mash. Apart from that, it's very similar to my recipe in the recipe section (which I can't help telling you, scored me the NSW best of show title in 2006 - the certificate says "Grand Champion", so of course it's fondly remembered).

For the smoked beer, it was 98% Weyermann Rauchmalz. It has lagered for some time in my fridge and is quite mellow, although still quite smoky.

Seth :p

For the smoked beer, it was 98% Weyermann Rauchmalz. It has lagered for some time in my fridge and is quite mellow, although still quite smoky.

swap you one for a IIPA mate

cheers

cheers
I agree that it's an overused phrase but I don't think it's a phrase nobody should use every. Used sparingly I interpret it as an extra strong endorement. "I dont make money from this product being sold, but you wont regret buying it". Though I'll admit thought, it gets a little tiring hearing people throw in a mention of craftbrewer/mashmaster and then tacking on the "no affiliation" moniker. I'd say most people here know who is affiliated with those two, so yeah, it's pretty redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back