Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rye Wheat, roughly in American Hefeweizen style. 50% wheat malt, 15% rye, 5% flaked maize, 30% pilsner malt. Pacific Gem to around 18 IBUs. Around 4.6% ABV. The Rye adds a pleasant hint of earth & spice. Light, grainy & dry - a real summer quaffer.

View attachment 10277

Forget the glasses folks (Nice beer though colin).
The background competition has begun.

"What's behind the glass - Pics"
:rolleyes:

Edit: Dammit. You're going to have to click on the quote to see my fave so far.

My first extract brew, an LCPA-inspired Chinook/Cascade APA. Mmmmm.

apaglass.jpg

Thats also a beer.

Nice looking beer...and what's that in the back ground then?

A Thomas The Tank Engine book - you gotta have something to read while waiting for bottle conditioning.. :)

I have to vote for Batz' view of the hinterland behind his APA. Stunning view....
Cheers
Steve

P.S. I would do a quote thing to show it but I dont know how

_JK61282.jpg
Not so Pale APA. I think the dark munich was the culprit.
Background is a bit boring compared to Batz's pic.
Tasty beer though.

edit - typo

Cant fool me Tangent, thats a Lava Lamp!!

heheee, that's carared not lava
same kind of lighting arrangement though :D

I'll kick off the glass thing,I scored four of these from a Vinnie type store (always checking them for beer glasses)
I have no idea of the beer "Remmer Beer" propeller brand? Produce of Germany

Anyway here it is with a Pilsner in it,same hinterland background :p

Perhaps this glass is better suited to a Pilsner (well is has Pilsner printed on it)
Again I know nothing of the "Iserlohner" beers,and again a score from Vinnies.
It will become apparent very quicky that the biggest part of my glasses collection is from these stores,I am a self confessed Vinnie,Red Cross,Lifeline etc store junkie. And my wife hates it! :beerbang:

Batz

Ah, the sweet taste of that first beer after work. MMMMMmmmm. Especially when its someone elses

Image007.jpg

This is Patch's BIAB version of my ESB. Tastes pretty damn good if you ask me. But so does mine, just couldnt be bothered changing the disconnect to my keg! Thanks Patch!! :beerbang: :super:

brad

PS I have no nice glasses, or background to go with it (its dark), sorry

Perhaps this glass is better suited to a Pilsner (well is has Pilsner printed on it)
Again I know nothing of the "Iserlohner" beers,and again a score from Vinnies.
It will become apparent very quicky that the biggest part of my glasses collection is from these stores,I am a self confessed Vinnie,Red Cross,Lifeline etc store junkie. And my wife hates it! :beerbang:

Batz

Beer and view look great Batz. Pity about the head retention. I think you need to refer to this thread and get them in the dishwasher :lol:

Cheers :p

I'll kick off the glass thing,I scored four of these from a Vinnie type store (always checking them for beer glasses)
I have no idea of the beer "Remmer Beer" propeller brand? Produce of Germany

Anyway here it is with a Pilsner in it,same hinterland background :p
Great veiw !
A quick google came up with this on Remmer Beer:

" The Bierbrauerei Wilhelm Remmer GmbH (HRB-Nr. 3411 AG Bremen) company (Beer Brewery) was founded in Bremen, Germany, in 1824. Following the end of World War I, when exports of German beer could resume and the government in Berlin called for the merging of local breweries, Beck & Co bought up local brewers, including Wilhelm Remmer GmbH."

- Luke

It will become apparent very quicky that the biggest part of my glasses collection is from these stores,I am a self confessed Vinnie,Red Cross,Lifeline etc store junkie. And my wife hates it!
Onya Batz. :beer: I didn't know they sold anything but old clothes!
Time to scour my local Vinnies.

Well, was just pulling out an empty keg from the fridge when I knocked a bottle of beer out and onto my toe! The bottle was a 1 Litre champagne bottle, which then proceeded to start leaking from under the cap. I quickly tossed it in the sink, but a large portion ended up on the laundry floor. So, I'm currently drinking the solitary (comewhat cloudy) remnants of MSB 2 Row Lager that was left in the bottle while sitting back nursing a very sore toe :angry: At least it tastes OK :chug:

100_1954.JPG

Morrie

Was fiddling around with the camera the other day and this is what I came up with.

From left: the same batch of double IPA (bottle left, keg right), a dark IPA kinda thing and crazy foam on an Achel Bruin.

2206_bottle_v_keg.JPG2806.JPG[achel2.JPG

That colour difference in the double IPA is quite pronounced there Malnourished.

Would it be related to yeast in suspension in the bottle and not so much in the keg as it is fridged? Or did you filter one? Just curious.

And I LOVE the looks of Duffs all Columbus brew and Pete's Porter.

C&B
TDA

That colour difference in the double IPA is quite pronounced there Malnourished.

Would it be related to yeast in suspension in the bottle and not so much in the keg as it is fridged? Or did you filter one? Just curious.
Well I really should've used the same type of glass for both, but neither are filtered, and both poured clear.

I put it down to oxidation at bottling - I had 25g of hop pellets in a 5L carboy, and siphoning out the liquid from the hops wasn't exactly smooth sailing. I only got about 2.5L into bottles. I drank one of the bottles last night and it's definitely going downhill quickly. The keg is still very fresh tasting.

I can't think of any other explanation.

1AG018.jpg

My first AG, a simple APA but bloody tasty :chug:

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back