Whats In The Glass Pics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Leffe blonde over the weekend while looking after the missus who was laid up sick in bed with the flu. I'm not a big fan of wheat beers and this one riuned my palat because all I could taste was Leffe for the rest of the day regardless of what else I drank. :(

Ummm, Leffe blonde is not a wheat beer, it's a Belgian blond ale. :unsure:

Belgians tend to be fairly full on in taste.

Had a Leffe blonde over the weekend while looking after the missus who was laid up sick in bed with the flu. I'm not a big fan of wheat beers and this one riuned my palat because all I could taste was Leffe for the rest of the day regardless of what else I drank. :(

Ummm, Leffe blonde is not a wheat beer, it's a Belgian blond ale. :unsure:

Belgians tend to be fairly full on in taste.

I was under the impression that blonde beers were wheat based? :huh: I guess i was misinformed, stupid me?

I was under the impression that blonde beers were wheat based? :huh: I guess i was misinformed, stupid me?

Not stupid at all. Many blond beers will include some wheat, but certainly not all.

Doc...
You wouldn't care to divulge the recipe for that ryeIPA would you? Actually, just did a search and found Denny's, so no worries.

My 100% Columbus APA. This one is with US-56 and fermented down from 1.052 to 1.006, and the other 20L half used WLP001 which finished at 1.008. I also dry hopped in the keg for a week with 50gms of Columbus for each. The second is finishing up in a couple of days. Nice and refreshing for the 40C day here today.

Cheers.

Columbus_APA.JPG

Jeez, if that tastes half as good as it looks Duff it must be a cracker :chug:
I've just kegged my all ahtanum summer ale & it's tasting great too...

cheers Ross

Everyone should believe in something. I believe Duff's pic shall make me pour another beer. :lol:

Warren -

Duff,
Love the colour :)

Here's a recent Bitter - single varietal using First Gold hops.

Rgds,
Pete

Img_1125_640x480.jpg

Sorry I can't get a nice outdoor backlit picture because it's dark now and it's about -20*C at the moment. Here's Mein Kampfire Smoked Apple Bier. :blink:

120_2063.JPG

Rice "light" Lager.
Used about 10% Lowan flaked rice from the supermarket in the grist.
Fermented on the floor in the garage over winter.

rice_lager.JPG

- Luke :rolleyes:

My NEW 1 litre stein full of Kaiserdom. Once I get through this it will be back to homebrew, not a bad little deal though from the local. $13 for the stein and the 1 litre can of beer.

Just what I needed after mowing the lawn on a friday afternoon.

stien_edited.jpg

Duff,
Love the colour :)

Here's a recent Bitter - single varietal using First Gold hops.

Rgds,
Pete

View attachment 10199

Hey Pete,

Congrats on the new bub. Hopefully you'll get some extra brewing done now :blink:

Toasting you with a glass of my lack of malt driven 100% GP TTL clone. What a crap malt, grrrrr...

Toasting you with a glass of my lack of malt driven 100% GP TTL clone. What a crap malt, grrrrr...

It is, isn't it. My clone was crap as well. Decided to keep it rather than chuck it, but it was a close call and I may still water the garden with the last few. :angry:

not nomally on tap at the cave but a Czech Pilsner

And very nice too

And a Kin Kin Ale.......Aussie pale to Batz recipe

A very generous gift from Ross, 2 Boddingtons pint glasses. Went out for dinner, after megaswill couldn't wait to get home and fill one with my AG ESB, Marvelous!

ESB.JPG

Love these glasses, broke one washing them when I got them home. Really pissed off
sad-032.gif
Took myself outside and gave myself three good swift uppercuts.
Rage.gif

That's the way, Screwtop. That'll learn ya. ;)

I know what you mean about drinking out. Restaurants especially have no beer choice at all. ESB is good. :beer:

newguy, that looks a fine beer. What's in the Mein Kampfire Smoked Apple Bier? Glad I'm here with those temps. :eek:

OK Screwy ales it is

Scottish

Batz

Guess who just arrived home from a shut?

OK Screwy ales it is

Scottish

Batz

Guess who just arrived home from a shut?

Making my mouth water Batz, kegging an 80/- tomorrow.

Looks like I came second on the serving surface too, my table used to be a house built in Ipswich in 1908. Don't think your piece of tree has ever been anything else, looks great in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back