Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the.belgian stout?

Heart of Darkness is the Belgian.

I really really rate the oak aged HOD :icon_drool2:

I like wild thing better than the ordinary HOD though...first world problems

Also there is Season of the Abyss which i did not get around to trying this year. Apparently fermented with 3711? Very high alcohol robust and dry.

SN porter. Nice.

2 days ago, coopers dark ale, fraction of the price, very tasty, about half the alcohol of the SN. Hands down winner.

Mountain Goat IPA.

Very nice, the label claims Citra and Galaxy - I can't pick the Galaxy, but it's a lovely beer. Goat are without doubt one of my favourite local breweries - big fan of their Hightail.

Next up, Mikkeller Single Hop IPA - Bravo (to learn about a new hop) and then a Mountain Goat Triple Hightail Ale!

Just found Heretic beers while I was in Launceston on the week end.
Just finished Evil twin and starting Evil Cousin.
WOW

Cheers
Chris

Had both on the weekend for the 1st time as well TC.
While both amazing beers, it struck how good some of our local brewers are going.
Hopdog's Redhopulous is in the same ballpark as the Twin for me at 1/3 the price. Beautiful beer!

Heart of Darkness is the Belgian.

I really really rate the oak aged HOD :icon_drool2:

I like wild thing better than the ordinary HOD though...first world problems

Also there is Season of the Abyss which i did not get around to trying this year. Apparently fermented with 3711? Very high alcohol robust and dry.

WOuld be good if someone in wollongong stocked them!

Just got back from White Rabbit, Healesville. No pics, but I had a go of the Wormbird on handpump.

Belgian style stout with a little bit of roastiness, little bit of fruitiness (stone fruit) and nicely smooth from the handpump.

Barrel aged too apparently, but I didn't get too much of that flavour.

If you're keen, they offer to give your Wormbird a shot of Brett in the form of some aged Dark Ale. This gives it a nice tang which I think brings out the stone fruit a bit more.

Very nice...and a Mountain Goat Triple Hightail for dessert :D

Wow

CAM00100.jpg

trub_002.JPG

"Assignment by John Vanloo of San Francisco-based Waterloo Beverages LLC to develop & manufacture the Westoek Ale 6% ABV at & by the Deca Brewery. As this was a very complex recipe to deal with, Deca asked Urbain Coutteau, brew master at Struise to collaborate on this project. 4 grain Blond dry triple ale married to a soft English bitter. Urbains Magnum hops for bittering, Styrian Goldings for different aroma hop gifts in the boil, late boil & flame out, Hallertauer Mittelfrueh for dry hopping."

yup its greeat :icon_drunk:

photo__1_.JPG

Went to IBS and this is what happened:

TEMPLE Saison De Miel

EPIC Hop Zombie

8WIRED Hopwired IPA

MIKELLA Single Hop Simcoe

BREWDOG Single Hop IPA Motueka

BEATEN TRACK Gibb River Rye

YEASTIE BOYS Gunnamatta

8WIRED Tall Poppy India Red Ale

$110 :( Oops!!!

View attachment 58367

Went to IBS and this is what happened:

TEMPLE Saison De Miel

EPIC Hop Zombie

8WIRED Hopwired IPA

MIKELLA Single Hop Simcoe

BREWDOG Single Hop IPA Motueka

BEATEN TRACK Gibb River Rye

YEASTIE BOYS Gunnamatta

8WIRED Tall Poppy India Red Ale

$110 :( Oops!!!

Why did we do that when there are two perfectly shit beers in the keezer?

This shot probaly explains why I feel like shit3 today.
Pannepot is the ducks nuts

Ta NN, we'll catch up next time your allowed out.

beers.JPG

Green Flash West coast IPA. Num num num is all i can say. I had it a while ago but found it bitter, however, i'd had a few beers beforehand. This time i really enjoyed it.

Harvouston ( sp? ) Old engine oil porter. The only thing i will say is the name is spot on. Wil pass on it next time.

One of my go to beers tonight - I rarely walk out of Warners at the Bay without a Weissenohe Doppelbok. Malty goodness.

Saw a couple of posts back the Murrays Stouts. Thankful that getting access to these isn't a problem here in Newcastle. On my once a year business trip to Brisbane a week or so ago, sought out the Scratch Bar. Great little bar. Happened to have Seasons in the Abyss on tap, served far too cold but just had to work through a couple of Bear Republic Peter Brown Trubutes whilst it warmed through. A tough gig that - happy days. Nice glass the stout was served in also.

bonator_doppelbock.jpg

seasons_abyss.jpg

Latest posts

Back