Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a Leonberger.
Hard to find in Aus, so ended up getting him over from NZ.

On a thread related note, this Weihenstephaner doppelbock is amazing.
I could happily move to Germany and sink a few of these bad boys every day from the local.

This is the 2nd bottle of Wookiee I have bought.
2 reasons.
1, I really, really like it. For my personal tastes its right up there.
Huh. Funny old world, innit?

I'll tell you a story that you can read or ignore at your leisure: I've only bought one bottle of it before and after the bottle had been run through the register the retailer give me the one eye-brow and asks me if I've had it before. I had not. He says something along the lines of "An interesting(his emphasis) beer that one. I got notes of blue cheese from it."

I can't say I got blue cheese but after I got used to the initial citrus rindiness of it I did detect hints of warm sick. Maybe they just got a really shitty batch. I'll try again in future if I see it down the track.

I'll be sure to let you know if I get anything cheesy/spewy from this bottle.
All I remember from the last one was a taste like caramalised marmalade, a big punchy taste at that. And I ******* love marmalade :)

I definitely got a big citrus rind up front and was pretty stoked until it went south fairly quickly. Sounds like a dud bottle.

LC quiet american that i had stashed away.

Hops have faded significantly while the Belgian yeast character has mellowed, the two seem to have come together well on the nose and the palate.

For me a bit of well handled age has been good for this beer, of course going by memory here.....

Going down a treat quite enjoyable.

Stone and Wood Stone Beer, a 500ml bottle that's been in my fridge since it was released. Delicious.

Stone and Wood Stone Beer, a 500ml bottle that's been in my fridge since it was released. Delicious.

That is a killer beer! One of the best ive had from an Aussie brewery full stop. I must admit im a sucker for german styles.

29ED6FEA-893D-4712-9385-FC90781223E8-1137-000001F5DDE56537.jpg

The makings of a Friday night mini Oktoberfest :)
Where did you find this?

I just dropped a serious wad of cash on that growler, but hopefully it is worth it.

I am drinking the saison, having never tried it, and it is really good, really dry and I am getting a definite impression it was finished with brett. Beautiful.

20121020_203752__480x640_.jpg

Stone and woods pacific off the tap at pig and whistle. Bloody delicious.

Too lazy to start taking photos, but picked up a swag of beers at Belair Fine Wines this arvo after spending the day at the Lobethal Bierhaus.

First up - a Kooinda Golden Ale. Not bad.

Cantillon, rose de gambrinus. One and a half years old.

Popped the cork and it smelt like raspberry cordial, palate in shock as smell and taste so different.
After couple of minutes the raspberry aroma gone and replaced with that sweaty,earthy orval type aroma. As the raspberry aroma dissipated the flavour actually increased.
Bone dry and sour,tart.
Very tasty but couldnt drink a lot of them.

Green Flash West Coast IPA. Great assault on the taste buds for the first beer of the day.

IMG_20121020_124046.jpg

Also had a squealer of Mikkeller 19. Personally i thought it was too much of a fruit salad and became hard to identify the hops.

hubba hubba greek virgins :icon_drool2:

just gotta shave the moustache unless you lick the tickle :eek:

Latest posts

Back