Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** you green flash brewing, **** you.

For making my feeble attempts at IPA taste and smell like Rat piss that has been filtered through more rat piss.

Damn good brewers making great beer that i can/t make you frucking bastards. grumble grumble grumble.

2012_05_18_23.19.43.jpg

Update : Geezus half way through now , wow , i can no longer type the flavour is numbing my senses ,fcuck.
Update 2.0 : Geezus Nearly there , they should of clled this "shotgun to the face" i am seeing through time right now .
UPDATE 3. Whateva how do they do this ? i'm questioning my very being. , have you ever seen that movie Altered States .

Mmmmmm afternoon at Potters drinking schooners of 8% cranky pants :)

Burnt toffee and floral hops

YUM

20052012049.jpg

20052012043.jpg

Cheers thanks mate SWAMBO comes from Holland,were heading back there next year,Delft looks like a goer ill just tell SWAMBO i want to go there to look at the pottery!! :ph34r:

I'm a Clogwog, and mrs warra and I were there last year.
Definitely worth visiting this gorgeous old town.

slowly slurpin down Mad Brewers Stout Noir that Ive had in the fridge for about 4 months, not bad

no real standout flavours, coffee, choc, vanilla, roast all there but meld into one, nice drop but a little one dimensional.

would certainly grab another if I could find one.

Sorry, no photo, you all know what it looks like. :rolleyes:

last night Franziskaner Dunkel, oh yeah dark wheat, ******* yummo....shouldnt have cracked while me mate was here to drink half..I'll know better for next time.

New discovery - no tasting notes yet, but I am prepared to admit I enjoyed the Red Ale.

What: Karl Strauss Red Trolly Ale 355ml 5.8% ABV
Karl Strauss Tower 10 IPA 355ml 7% ABV

Purchased From: Dan Murphys $3.99 each. I think 6 pack was $17.99 for either.

IMG_8226.JPG

By eastern you mean southwest??!?
Drink bar & drink shop

Lovely places and are #1 at the moment for everything. Went to the others but kept coming back to 'drink' for the selection

That's the one, my orientation was off as the port doesn't point north but is to the east. Worth going to

554652_10150757536029560_552184559_9109653_1039161839_n.jpg

Next is a bottle of the MB21 from Matilda Bay. Second last bottle. Interesting to see how it's aged.

IMG_1313.jpg

Convinced that Jamil and his crew can't make a bad beer. Had Evil Twin, Shallow Grave and this over a few nights and all were stellar. Love dank IPA's.

Moondog Billy Ray Citry from the magnificent mullet series

German wheat with lactobacillus and with citrus peel added

Really light bodied with a lovely refreshing twist of bitter citrus at the end
Sourness is present but doesn't dominate.

This is a very nice drinking beer.

I'd recommend not letting it warm up to much though, I left a little in the glass for a while and the sourness really dominated once that happened.

View attachment 54681

My local bottleshop has just started getting in some TT Landlords.

They seem to be all in good condition.

100% GP supposedly but tasting it I get the flavours of heritage crystal.

Heritage is crystal made from maris otter. Is there a crystal made from golden promise? If there is - that's the colour and flavour secret.

Lovely, understated beer.

Holgate "Choc Porter" Temptress over the bar at the Mornington brewery this arvo.....noice!

IMG_1292.jpg

Fan-bloody-tastic. Amazing hop profile mated to a sublime malt backbone. So stoked that Phoenix Beers look after their stock.

I drank this also the other night - WOW. Absolutely loved it. Inspired me so much I brewed a IRA last night with a heap of NZ hops I wanted to use. Great beer.

My wife and I popped over the pond to Brugges for a weekend recently and realised just how little time that is to try and sample 1 million different Belgian beers. Luckily I found this golden 3-grain beauty in the pile:

View attachment 54494

Toured De Halve Maan brewery while we were there and visited the only pub worth visiting 't Brugs Beertje. These were some good times. :drinks:

Ditto to both of those. We shouldn't have bothered with Brussels...Brugges is the place...Brugse Zot all the way

Yeah, I got mine from G & G and it was Evil Twin $15 and Evil Cousin $18! Pretty xxxxy but damn they are good. A nice treat for yourself...

Well worth it to try them. Jamil posted a clone recipe on his site here. I made that recipe and it was damn close. Slightly more crystal flavour in the commercial one and less harsh hops. If the wort had been chilled to fermenter rather than cubed I reckon it would've been close.

I don't mind spending that much on a beer that I can then go and make 20+ litres of for the price of a couple of bottles.

All three of them are REALLY good and by volume no more expensive than Epic for instance.

Below are the babies i brought home from Belgium, enjoying a Westvleteren Blonde tonight.

beers002.jpg

1.5L 1999 Grand reserve - Chimay
750ml 2002 Saison De Pipaix - Vapeur
750ml Grand Cru Bruocsella - Cantillion
750ml IV Saison - Jandrain-Jandrenouille
2x Westvleteren Blonde
2x Westvleteren 10
2x Westvleteren 12

Word of advice - if you ever see IV Saison, buy it.
Best. Beer. Ever.

My wife bought this back from her recent trip to Melbourne for me, I must say she is quite a beer snob herself to pick this one out of the bunch :)

This beer for me really defines an AIPA, Aroma is very intense, its like sticking your nose into a bag of fresh hop flowers, it is that strong. Flavour is obviously dominated by the hops, an intense citrus and pine flavour comes through but at the same time not too badly balanced considering the intense hop flavour. The label states OG 1.085 and 8% alc/vol, some quick beersmith calcs leads me to believe that the FG is somewhere around 1.025, so that probably helps with the overall balance of the beer.

DSC_0935.JPG

Latest posts

Back