Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm trying the coopers range tonight. Had the sparkling ale with the yeast included and was not impressed with it. Now having the vintage strong ale and it was fruity and a bit chewy. Not something i would rave about. good head to start with and then all gone
Hey just a quick FYI just because Coopers range is bottle conditioned doesn't mean you have to hefe them all. If only works with the Pale Ale and even then I'm not a fan of it. I fined a fresh Coopers carefully served in a glass unhefed is best Sparkling is meant to be sparkling not cloudy. The only special thing with the Pale Ale is it can be served 2 ways, and if you drink from the bottle you can both in one go.

hmm trying the coopers range tonight. Had the sparkling ale with the yeast included and was not impressed with it. Now having the vintage strong ale and it was fruity and a bit chewy. Not something i would rave about. good head to start with and then all gone
Hey just a quick FYI just because Coopers range is bottle conditioned doesn't mean you have to hefe them all. If only works with the Pale Ale and even then I'm not a fan of it. I fined a fresh Coopers carefully served in a glass unhefed is best Sparkling is meant to be sparkling not cloudy. The only special thing with the Pale Ale is it can be served 2 ways, and if you drink from the bottle you can both in one go.

For me Sparkling ale is best with the yeast mixed in, as is the Pale Ale. Having said that I had 3 pales last night and none of them were very good at all. I've drunk more cartons of it than I can count in the past 10 years and it's just not what it used to be. Perhaps I'm spoiled now.

with the yeast or without the yeast coopers still taste like dirty dishmurray water to me

Theresianer Wit

An italian wheat and barley of Bavarian style - Link

beer2.JPG

Cheers,
BlackRat

EDIT - Why do my pictures always appear in landscape?

No pic, but had the new SN seasonal- Ruthless Rye recently, picked up a bottle at Archive Bar in Brisbane last week. What an amazing beer- :icon_drool2: ! Never thought I'd say that about an American IPA, but this one is a real cracker and has quite roundly shat all over its predecessor Tumbler. Has a delicious malty rye character and loads of C hops without being OTT.
Get it while you can is my advice! B)
I really, really hope that makes its way down here, sounds right up my alley. Will have to plead with the staff at crown cellars.

Hey y'all,

Bumped into the Grand Ridge bloke today at a local market. (You know the guy...he is everywhere)
I tasted a 'Wet Hopped Oatmeal Ale' and a 'Vienna Rye Lager'.
The Oatmeal is worth a taste.
He was telling me that they are a new project for the Brewery

DSC03935__480x640_.jpg

DSC03937__480x640_.jpg

DSC03939__480x640_.jpg

Drinking sapporo quite a nice drop.

Going all coopers but not as you know it........got some longnecks of coopers stout too. :D

View attachment 53376

7.5% smells like the hops have just been added ! bloody nice fresh hop aroma mmmmm

brygget : 23/08/2011 so bout 7 month old .
very nice IPA! up there with punk and torpedo for me :chug:

and i got it from a little bottlo in the northern burbs of brisbane! unfukingbelievable! times are a changing!! (just up the road from winkles place :blink: )

nn
:icon_cheers:

Hey y'all,

Bumped into the Grand Ridge bloke today at a local market. (You know the guy...he is everywhere)
I tasted a 'Wet Hopped Oatmeal Ale' and a 'Vienna Rye Lager'.
The Oatmeal is worth a taste.
He was telling me that they are a new project for the Brewery
looks like their new head brewer is making a differance. apparently his first order of bussiness was to try and get rid of their 'regional characteristic' (for those that dont know about that, its diaceytal fault from underpitching that they try and pass off as regional characteristic).

will keep an eye out for them

thread reminds me that us melb brewer boys should have taken some shots from temple brewery last night. damn.
edit: I did the tasting paddle and a couple midnight IPAs. t
he bicycle was my favourite of the night.
soba was very interesting. a real food beer. very unami.
mightnight ipa was just chocka full of hops.
english pale was a nice malty crystal english pale. nice change.

Gonna have to agree with this. Westy 12 is a truely amazing beer, and it's allusiveness certainly adds to the appeal. But Rochefort 10, wow, it's just an experience, and has a bit more richness and depth over the Westy....not to take anything away from it, but they are quite different beers.
Be nice to do a side by side one day though...

Good to see so much love for Rochefort 10.

Still at the top of my beer list and available just up the road for a very good price.

Don't hefe any of them. Marketting trick designed becuase people are too stupid to know how to decant beer and if you tried to instruct them, they'd put it in the too hard basket. Therefore we drink it super cold and rolled.

I hate coopers when it is too yeasty and enjoy it a lot when it is not.

Two rhymes at a time. Make that three!

Go ME!

The above is purely my perspective - I have had no confirmation of this as fact from anyone, ever in the world.

Last night - Temple soba ale and Temple Saison.

They should be bottling soon (well they are bottling now but bottles should be available soon). Hopefully bottling does justice to their beers because on tap at the brewhouse/brasserie they are fantastic.

its on the corner of south pine rd and old northern rd everton hills. cant memember the name but its there ! most of the cool beers where in the cool room ! not in view from shop side which i thought was a little weird.

View attachment 53376

7.5% smells like the hops have just been added ! bloody nice fresh hop aroma mmmmm

brygget : 23/08/2011 so bout 7 month old .
very nice IPA! up there with punk and torpedo for me :chug:

and i got it from a little bottlo in the northern burbs of brisbane! unfukingbelievable! times are a changing!! (just up the road from winkles place :blink: )

nn
:icon_cheers:

Whata, who, where????

View attachment 53387

yup i am a belgium bitch :lol:

8.5% but very well hidden, first time i have drunk this and was worth the wait yummy yum yum
wanted to try it at the bb cafe in town but they wanted $70 deposit on the glass wtf!! i said i could get one of my own cheaper so i did :p ( yes i wanted to borrow the glass )

Whata, who, where????

[/quote]

the lil one over the road from the matilda mate ! i not sure i can believe it either!

Whata, who, where????

the lil one over the road from the matilda mate ! i not sure i can believe it either!

I thought they were liqourland or somefing, wow, anything is better than the shopping centre BWS.

Tried Mildura choc hops stout last night, nice chocolate taste,currently on special at BWS 5.2 %al

this got Peoples Choice Award - Best Stout 2011 Victorian Microbreweries Showcase - Federation Square

Back